Bazooka White Phosphorus

Orphan76

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Country
llUnited States
since a Bazooka is not ordnance do you place a 5/8" Dispersed WP counter when fired in the Prep Fire Phase?
and it uses the Bazooka TH table on the back of the counter when firing WP?

Thanks, question came up during a game today.

Dan V

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Even when firing WP, the BAZ uses the LATW target type and its specific mods.

T34

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llFrance
Think C2.1 just answered my question. I was getting the definitions for Ordnance, Guns and SW confused. Did not think anything on a 1/2" counter could be Ordnance.
Light mortars place regular smoke and not infantry smoke. The key is a placement dr vs. a to hit table DR, as Mr. Jazbutis deftly pointed out.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Even when firing WP, the BAZ uses the LATW target type and its specific mods.
Is there such a thing as LATW Target Type? Baz fires as Ordnance requiring that a hit be obtained using it's own unique TH table...which I don't think spawns it's own Target Type?

I suppose that begs the question: Firing SMOKE typically requires a hit using ATT. Which TH table the a Baz use to shoot WP? Rulz seem to say the Baz uses it's own TH table with DRMs applied as appropriate?

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Is there such a thing as LATW Target Type?
The term "LATW target type" was not appropriate, i just wanted to saw that the LATW TH mods (as identified by "L" on the C3 TH table) would apply. ATT does not apply for a BAZ firing WP.

Reactions: T34

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is that called out in the rulz?
1. Yes

If trying to put WP from a Baz into a stone building, does it pay the +3 TEM on the TH roll?
2. No.
  • Per "C6.8 CASE Q; TEM: TEM12 applicable to the target must be added as a DRM to the TH DR of a shot taken on the Vehicle or Infantry Target Type or on a LATW TH Table [EXC: BAZ firing WP; HD (D4.2)J3]. Case Q does not apply to an Area Target Type TH DR (see 3.331).";
  • However, neither is it firing as Area Target Type "C3.33 AREA TARGET TYPE: The Area Target Type must be used at all times by mortars and whenever ordnance [EXC: LATW] attempts to fire SMOKE...";
  • Nor does it get a +2 Basic TH# Modifier for firing SMOKE, "C4.4 SMOKE: Ordnance using the C3 To Hit Table to fire SMOKE at ≤ 12 hexes must add two to its Basic TH#."

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Thanks. Exactly what I wuz hoping for.

Do you find yourself wishing the rules didn't have so many of these little gotcha's that you have to bore down and find one single EXC in one rule to play something right?

Like having to read about Gyrostabilizers to find out when/how Acq gets placed in what phase?

When/if MMP ever comes out with an eASLRB, I cannot wait to see how/if it has a search function that will take some of the load off a valuable but overworked and barely adequate (for a game of this complexity) Index.