Bazooka To Hit DRM when firing WP

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
If a BAZ 45 fires WP do To Hit Dice Roll Modifiers #7 (-2) and #17 (TEM) apply?

For consistency with ASLRB, I would say "no" but I would like this clarified by MMP

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
As JRvM and others point out over on BGG, it looks like BAZcannot fire WP in SK, since WP requires ATT and ATT is NA for LATW.

That’s the story for now at least.
A BAZ firing WP uses its To Hit table not Area Target Type (i.e. the same as firing HEAT)

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A BAZ firing WP uses its To Hit table not Area Target Type (i.e. the same as firing HEAT)
That's just what Perry said; firing SMOKE requires the weapon to use the ATT but a BAZ cannot use the ATT. It's probably not what was intended in ASLSK but it's what the SK rules say. :-(

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
ASLRB and ASLSK are not the same game but I don't think it is a good idea to add inconsistency

The ASLRB is clear about the BAZ 45:

C3.33 The Area Target Type must be used at all times whenever ordnance [EXC: LATW] attempts to fire SMOKE
C6.8 TEM must be added as a DRM to the TH [EXC: BAZ firing WP]

I think the ASLSK rules in SK4 should be updated:

6.0 WP may only be fired on the ATT [EXC: BAZ 45]
TH DRM 7 SMOKE/WP [EXC: BAZ 45]
TH DRM 17 TEM [EXC: BAZ 45 firing WP]

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If I read Perry's answer correctly, the BAZ '45 cannot fire WP in SK. Just like MGs and certain MMCs cannot use Spraying Fire. Although one can imagine both provisions being added to a future SKRB update.

etopp

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
This is different to leaving RB rules out of SK like Spraying Fire, infantry WP, etc

Why make it harder for SK players to move to RB by making rules changes ?

A few lines of text in the SK4 rulebook and charts would fix this

DVexile

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Country
llUnited States
This is different to leaving RB rules out of SK like Spraying Fire, infantry WP, etc

Why make it harder for SK players to move to RB by making rules changes ?

A few lines of text in the SK4 rulebook and charts would fix this
Well in SK if you end the MPh of an AFV in the same hex as another friendly AFV your AFV is eliminated. That’s a pretty huge rule change for SK, but there it is.

Also note that “EXC“ is used no place in the SK RB other than the “Chapter H“ notes. So that’s a good guide to how SK simplifies things. If you would need to add an EXC to a handful of rules then SK usually just leaves it out.

This one about BAZ WP is a bit obtuse and indirect for an SK player to figure out though, so it might require clarification someplace regardless.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As always it could simply be handled by an SSR. Commissars among others were addressed in such instances where it would be of critical interest.

PezBailarin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
The counter for BAZ45 is the same in SK / full ASL. So removing the "WP" text is out of the question. There are other similar instances of this, from limbered guns that cannot be limbered in SK to all kind of esoteric text on counters that make no sense to SK players (i.e. "CS" on AFVs).

No big deal. If you read the SK rules for Bazookas and WP you'll discover soon that WP cannot be fired with a BAZ.

If MMP decides to change this in a future rb it would be no big deal either. Just a sentence would be enough.

Three scenarios (for now) would be potentially affected. So either way we need not to worry about this.