Battlestar Galactica to return January 2005

Patrocles

Reaction score
old news...but new to me! :D

Richard Hatch, who starred as Apollo in the original 1970s Battlestar Galactica TV series, will make a special guest appearance in an early episode of the new show, playing a Nelson Mandela-like figure, Peter Zarek. Having spent the last 20 years in jail for inciting civil unrest against the government of the 12 Colonies of Kobol, Zarek and his followers riot against the leadership of the ragtag fleet, taking over the vessel on which they are being held and creating a hostage situation, which Adama (Edward James Olmos) and President Roslin (Mary McDonnell) must resolve.

The show reunites miniseries stars Olmos, McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) and Tricia Helfer (Number Six) with the rest of the Galactica cast. The series is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick. Michael Rymer, who directed the four-hour mini, returns to direct the series' premiere episode.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Good news. I grew up with Battlestar Galactica. By your command!!

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by dannybou
Good news. I grew up with Battlestar Galactica. By your command!!
But doesn't that strike you as a bit like the episode where the Borians and Baltar took over the shuttle with the Eastern Alliance dudes? And I miss the old Cylons. They were cool.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I was thinking about Sci Fi just the other week -was talking to the coworker in the neighboring cubicle -- and that real sci-fi is about the most boring mundane crud around..

I mean I expected Spacely Sprockets in the year 2000 --- what I got was a color print-out of a memo - and a databse input program that is fully functional until the year 9999 (yeh no Y2k thing going to affect *su* for another 8000 years)...

Sometimes I think our programmers there are idiots. . . but I digress. . .

Jim H. Moreno

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought the new version was well done, and very much worth watching, if only for that new human-Ceylon babe. Olmos is an excellent choice for Adama, and so is Mary McDonnell. I was a good deal aprehensive about the new Starbuck, I must say, but I think she'll be groovy, after all.

Anxiously waiting for January! :thumb:

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
I thought the new version was well done, and very much worth watching, if only for that new human-Ceylon babe. Olmos is an excellent choice for Adama, and so is Mary McDonnell. I was a good deal aprehensive about the new Starbuck, I must say, but I think she'll be groovy, after all.

Anxiously waiting for January! :thumb:
The only thing that didn't work for me in the premiere was the scale of the disaster...I just didn't get the impression that the worlds were being ruthlessly destroyed by the Cylons...IIRC there were few scenes of devestation.

I thought the battle scenes were well done! Especially between the Galactica and the Cylon fleet.

I still plan to watch it!

"So say we all!"

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:banana: Like the original (until it gets REALLY wacky) love the new one... I heard off of the Sci-fi website that "The Forever War" by Joe Haldeman is supposed to become a series... This entire summer was supposed to be a testbed for pilots that would either die or become mini-series/shows.