Battlefront's CM x 2 Road Map

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just keep in mind Zonso that most posters here have seen it all before. Empty promises, insults (you just don't get it eh?) and snide remarks on the BF MB about the posters here. So while uncle Steve is not the hot favourite person here, I would say 95% of us care about the CM series and the direction Battlefront has taken. Again, most posters here honestly want the company to succeed, especially with CM Normandy.
Thankfully we can come here and post what we think of Steve, the company and it's games. Try doing that on the BF MB.
I think this is apt. Even despite Steve, who has managed to weave grudge bearing into most of everything he states, I really want CMN to be a success.

I think this applies to almost everyone here except for a few key lovable scamp type haters...

Cheers!

Leto

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Assuming I'm thought of as one of the loveable scamps, I don't care if BFC succeeds or not. If they do, great. If they don't great. I'm only interested in the process and the story.

-dale

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
Assuming I'm thought of as one of the loveable scamps, I don't care if BFC succeeds or not. If they do, great. If they don't great. I'm only interested in the process and the story.

-dale
To be spoken out loud in a Monty Python style French accent: "you naughty little scamp!" :laugh:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Just keep in mind Zonso that most posters here have seen it all before. Empty promises, insults (you just don't get it eh?) and snide remarks on the BF MB about the posters here. So while uncle Steve is not the hot favourite person here, I would say 95% of us care about the CM series and the direction Battlefront has taken.
I would say 100% care about the CM series - if they didn't, why would they be here?

Again, most posters here honestly want the company to succeed, especially with CM Normandy.
I can't think of a single person here that would be disappointed if CM: Normandy became a commercial and critical success.

I was not a fan of CM:SF but I'm certainly not disappointed, for example, that it has it's fans. As I've said before, if you get value out of it, fill your boots. I'm suspicious as to how much of a commercial success it could have been, but at the end of the day, any game that does well in this niche-within-a-niche is probably a good thing.

I say "probably" only because there is also a school of thought that suggests that one company doing games on niche topics may be taking up room that other companies might more usefully, profitably and successfully occupy. But I have no evidence to suggest that is true.

Patrocles

Reaction score
[hirr]Leto;1332334 said:
I think this is apt. Even despite Steve, who has managed to weave grudge bearing into most of everything he states, I really want CMN to be a success.

Cheers!

Leto
hear! hear!

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I have absolutely no doubt that some people who read, post or simply lurk here would be more than happy if BF went down the pan.

Thats life. I would re-iterate this, if you dont like CMSF, I'm pretty sure you wont like CMN. Apart from slinging in a few QBs Im afraid the games going to play the same. Maybe a bit less lethal but it will be primarily aimed at RT small games.

PBEM is OK, but it can be frustrating as the AI isnt as good as you want it to be.

Cheers

Last edited:

Zonso

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just keep in mind Zonso that most posters here have seen it all before. Empty promises, insults (you just don't get it eh?) and snide remarks on the BF MB about the posters here. So while uncle Steve is not the hot favourite person here, I would say 95% of us care about the CM series and the direction Battlefront has taken. Again, most posters here honestly want the company to succeed, especially with CM Normandy.
Thankfully we can come here and post what we think of Steve, the company and it's games. Try doing that on the BF MB.

I'm not buying it, not for a second, not even close. The evidence of this board in the two years I have been here kinda-sorta contradicts that. In fact, the goings on here, re insults, rhetoric, bullying and the like makes BFC's forum pale in comparison. As an aside tell me what company forum would 'allow' for your intended 'what we think of ...'?

It doesn't seem to me many here care about CMx2 at all - a few even actively otherwise. What we have over and over again is miscommunication and unrealized expectations of what certain posters want CMx2 to be, and a huge failure to recognize what it is. That's been the case since Day 1 or before and keeps being repeated here over and over. Instead we have derogatory euphemisms and catch phrases and mantras regarding BFC, CMSF and/or anyone who likes and supports it. In the meantime, CMSF slash Marines slash British slash NATO has grown and evolved pretty consistently along the lines I quoted above. Perhaps you don't buy into BFC's design vision, fine, but that doesn't negate the fact of.

I tried to ask a serious question earlier about CM:Normandy and CMSF's gameplay which is not an insignificant 'shift' from CMx1's and requires a little un/relearning. And no, adding an improved QBs feature, or some other 'feature' previously in CMx1, will not magically change that basic fact. It isn't going to be CMx1 Part 2, if you don't like or disagree with the basic engine of CMSF...

From what I see, the bottom line is BFC is succeeding and moving forward making the 'best tactical simulation' bar none. There's certainly nothing out there in direct competition that even comes close let alone surpassing.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you have only been here on and off the two years, you may be missing the entire point. Go back and take a look at how BFC reacted to being told their baby was not working. They did not respond by saying they screwed up and will fix it. They turned their beta testers loose on anyone who had the balls to say something was wrong.

CMSF may be a good game now, but it provides no excuse for how BFC treated people and gave tacit approval for its minions to go around the web trying to shout down anyone who thought CMSF was anything but stellar. A few beta boys and even Steve now can barely concede the release and first year were not perfect.

Even though it may be a good game, Steve has said it still hasn't even reached the sales level of CMBB, even with all the modules. And CMBB, as Steve has stated, was a disappointment in sales. So almost no positive buzz, almost no good reviews, customers up in arms, selling less than a disappointing product, and little forum traffic. Everyone has their own definition of success, but you can pretty easily read that BFC's threshold for success must be pretty low.

Zonso

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No thewood, I said here on Gamesquad for two years, I bought CMSF upon release, but anyways I think you are getting hung up on the same old things again.

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
Zonso, your blinkered view does not cut it here. No matter how much you jump up and down and tell every one they are wrong. We all have views, and at least here we can post them without getting jumped on by the fan boyz (although they have tried here and failed!).

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Why shouldn't I? I have always said if Steve just came out and had even a little contrition, I would have been fine. Instead he came out swinging and turned his forum into a stage to show how he can control things. As long as he's like that, I am happy to spend 30 minutes a week here.

btw, you brought it up. Any time you don't want to read it, don't open the thread.

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the scary part for BFC has to be that this site talks about BFC and CMSF more than any other site, many times even more than BFC's own site.

And its not like a frenzy of posting here. That should pause Steve a little in his tirades.

Zonso

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Blinkered are those arguing over the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin without ever realizing there are angels dancing on the head of a pin!

Thomm

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
I think the scary part for BFC has to be that this site talks about BFC and CMSF more than any other site, many times even more than BFC's own site.
ToW forums are deserted (aren't they?), yet the ToW series is selling well by BFC standards.

Best regards,
Thomm

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How do we know that. It was dead for a while and the Steam sale really kicked it.

As much as I hated TOW1 and thought it was a complete waste of money, I bought Kursk because of the Steam buzz. Kursk is actually quite passable. In many ways better than CMSF.