Battlefield Integrity

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score
Does anybody play with the BI rules? I did my first handful of games and haven't since. It's not even something I ask about anymore because it seems to never get used. I kind of liked it although I will grant it is probably more recordkeeping than it's worth.

Jeff "Integrity Base = 0" Barber

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not me. Never considered doing it, have no interest in doing it.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We're trying it out on Under the Noel Trees for the first time.
Just checking it out...and will let you know.

Mike Murphy

Cat's servant
Reaction score
I played with BI for years (solo) but found that the recordkeeping wasn't really worth the effort. By the time one side's ELR had dropped, I usually had only a handful of units left (mostly broken or ELR'd anyway). I started playing without BI about 6 months ago and found that I don't miss it at all. If one side is getting killed, it doesn't seem to need anything extra to help it lose.

FrankH.

Reaction score
Although I have played with Battlefield Integrity in the rare case the other player requested it, this most tedious rule is best avoided as it takes far too much attention away from the game for little or no added benefit.

It might possibly be more interesting in a very large or a very long scenario where endurance is the key element though.

Frank

Reepicheep

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Nope. Never tried Battlefield Integrity in any games, and since none of the players who are teaching me use it, and I don't hear anybody jumping up and down about how wonderful it is, I think it's unlikely I'll bother giving it a look.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Never played with BI.
One of the good features of ASL, is to avoid a maximum side recording (sometimes creating piles of markers on the board).
The ELR, morale and leadership is allready enough for the "psychological" of the game...
I wonder what impact on play balance BI can have... Doesn't it accentuate things? The loser "melts" even faster... thus rendering slightly unbalanced situations impossible ones?