Battlefield 2

Viking67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just get a blank screen with an ad on the side. But I saw an ad about Battlefield 2 in PC Gamer.

V67

Gepard

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only Problem

I'm much more interested in World War II as the setting. That's why I might not buy Battlefield 2 when it comes out.

Ryan101st

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry, I put the BF1918 post under the wrong thread. It was suppose to be under modifications where it currently is now.

Attica

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Only Problem

Originally posted by Gepard
I'm much more interested in World War II as the setting. That's why I might not buy Battlefield 2 when it comes out.
This is why I'm hoping that it will be modded and put into a WWII setting.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: Only Problem

Originally posted by Attica
This is why I'm hoping that it will be modded and put into a WWII setting.
I would like that too, because BF: 2 adds lots of new features. Better graphics, physics, a new commander type mode, all sorts of stuff.

Attica

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, that's why I'm hoping it's modded as well. I'd like to see the commander stuff in a WWII setting along with the team play.

sickpup

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bleh, just noticed this from one of the article's:

"We were told that the airplane flight controls in the game will feel very familiar to players of Battlefields 1942 and Vietnam, although the helicopter controls are said to be easier than in the previous game."

So, they're keeping the basic flight controls of the original AND dumbing down the helicopter flying. This doesn't bode well for my interest in the game...

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That really stinks that they are dumbing down the heli controls. If you can master them, you get a warm fuzzy feeling and you are more of a commodity (when the controls are harder).

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Jeremy Scott
did u just say warm and fuzzy??:scream:
Yes, when you can finally fly a helicopter (especially with keyboard and mouse) in a game w/o dumbed down controls, a warm and fuzzy feeling may be coming for you...warm and fuzzy....warm and fuzzy....

Or a scalding hot burning sensation that starts where you spilled your hot chocolate, then goes down drips down your legs as you run madly about. Then it just feels numb.

Attica

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That just means you'll have more people waiting for the heli's to spawn...just like the plane campers in BF1942.

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by gobeavs

Or a scalding hot burning sensation that starts where you spilled your hot chocolate, then goes down drips down your legs as you run madly about. Then it just feels numb.

that dont beat all

Ryan101st

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I guess this is going to replace the BFV method of parachuting out of the helicopter.