Battle of Britain - Wings of Victory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Battle_of_Britain_II_-_Wings_of_Victory_Coverart-209x300.png

Ha... Ha !......... I just bought Rowans 'Battle of Britain ' - Wings of Victory II game - I could not help myself, as it was only 50p............I was in two minds, as I had bought another similar thing about 3 years ago, which was a dog doo dinner...........I thought it might be a croc too......as I have only knowledge of its existence but ,whoopseedoo.....it might provide some rainy day entertainment................as the videos look interesting and have ambiance............making sure that the boche get a good boshing for trying to unload explosives on England's green and pleasant land .
This is Kenley calling..................... Angels 25......Hostiles..............Direction North-east............Scramble 32 squadron.....................Tally ho ! .......Let's go get them.....:)....It comes with a free documentary disc...............so it's a bargain.................:cool:...........Caviar for dinner again, ...............tonight .

Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory is a is a remake of Rowan’s Battle of Britain combat flight simulation by Empire Interactive. The aerial combat is drawn from the Battle of Britain during the Second World War and features the British RAF versus the German Luftwaffe. Due to its emphasis on historical accuracy, Wings of Victory remains very popular among serious PC historical World War II flight sim enthusiasts. The release was met with many favorable reviews, and won several awards including the SimHQ Best of 2006 award.

Battle of Britain II can be played either as a flight simulator or as a strategy game, or both combined. It allows the player to assume the role of pilot in the flight simulator, and/or the Commander of the Air Force – managing tactics in the strategy game. The player can choose either side, the RAF or the Luftwaffe. Changes from Rowan’s original BoB title include an extensive graphics overhaul, gameplay tweaks and numerous new features. Its broad scope includes hundreds of warplanes and huge aerial raids and battles in the air. The simulation has realistic AA fire, radio traffic, and in-game ambiance that includes military forces on the ground. Due to the high level of detail and historical accuracy, the flight sim developers term Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory their “time machine”. The flight simulation engine (code) used in this product is called the “Merlin” engine, which is an advanced proprietary Air-Combat computer game engine designed by A2A Simulations and first released in their Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory title.

The simulation has been undergoing continual development from its fanbase, with updates and patches being produced by the “Battle of Britain Development Group” .

spifire.jpg

Mrreeooooow !.................:happy:......

Last edited: