Battle of Berlin modules?

Green Beanie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any one know of a company, other than Critical Hit, that produces a Battle of Berlin module and have you played it? I also was wondering if possible any of the Berlin flak towers featured in it? I look forward to your replies.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Any one know of a company, other than Critical Hit, that produces a Battle of Berlin module and have you played it? I also was wondering if possible any of the Berlin flak towers featured in it? I look forward to your replies.
Heat of Battle did a module long long out of print but still comes up on eBay now and again.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Their Berlin stuff was decent. Definitely one of their better products.

Chris_Riches

Reaction score
Country
ll
I was in Berlin recently, visiting the FlaK tower that you can go in (and underground). The conversation with the very knowledgeable guide was that the Soviets sat away from the tower and shelled it from a distance with tank fire. At least one round went through one of the openings from the 20mm platform, but there’s not really an ASL scenario in it. You could have the twin 128mm guns as pseudo OBA or as direct-fire weapons with a limited depression.

Green Beanie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris, the twin 128mm guns knocked many Soviet tanks fighting at the Riechstag. Now that is a scenario.

Chris_Riches

Reaction score
Country
ll
True … the scenario takes place elsewhere and the FlaK tower guns are immune pseudo off-board direct fire weapons. Sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought you wanted something that really featured them as an entity.