Battle Group Commander, Episode One

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ProSIM/BGC/BGC_page.html

Publisher Shrapnel Games and developer ProSIM Company are extremely proud to announce the launch of a brand new episodic series of modern warfare simulations for the PC entitled Battle Group Commander. Battle Group Commander: Episode One is designed by Gary Bezant, former member of the British Army and designer of the controversial ProSIM title, The Falklands War: 1982 (also published by Shrapnel Games). Episode One allows players to step into the boots of a Battle Group Commander and fight a Soviet-style enemy in the Salisbury Plain Training Area of England (analogous to the NTC in the US).

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Product page doesn't list vista. I can play AATF with vista, so I imagine not listing vista was just an oversight.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Enjoyable game so far, thanks gents. Only done the first scenario. Only just bought it. All enemy destroyed at the cost of 5 Sabres.

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Keystone,

Yes, the game is download only. It was the only way we could get the price point down under $15.

And, yes, it will work with Vista. Actually, it was built on Vista!

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat:
While I prefer a disk, I will download this evening after work.

I have all ATF/AATF in my ATF directory. Do I load this on top of the prior installations?

Thanks.

eds

Reaction score
Country
ll
Pat:
While I prefer a disk, I will download this evening after work.

I have all ATF/AATF in my ATF directory. Do I load this on top of the prior installations?

Thanks.
Hi Keystone,
either install in the same folder as ATF, or as a stand alone game, the choice is yours. It doesn't come with it's own Power tool kit, so if you plan on doing some data base mod/edit work you'll need to have it installed in the same folder as AATF.

Iberian

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Just bought the game, and played the first scenario. It's my first ProSim game, but if I get the hang of things, I will purchase more titles.

Several questions:

a) It's the PDF manual comprehensive? It says something like "abridged" and I wonder if the AATF printed manual is more detailed?

b) Is there any way to know what kind of weapon destroyed my unit? I got a couple of this British Sabre's destroyed by BMP's, and I wonder if they used missiles or cannon fire to destroy them

c) Is there any way to see units stats (like weapon range, armor stats, etc) while in game?

Thanks for your answers.

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
a) The only thing "abridged" about the manual is that I removed some stuff that was specific to AATF, like vehicle types, scenario summaries, and developer notes.

b) Sorry. No.

c) Yes. Select an individual vehicle, team, or aircraft and then click on the "info" order (next to all of the other unit orders; the question mark). An info page will open in the control bar.

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat:
Battle Group Commander is an enjoyable addition to your franchise. I hope its sales warrant further sequels. There is such a wealth of content included in the ATF/AATF series that even after many years I have just scratched the surface of what the power tool kit can do.

Oh, and I'm still holding out hope that your operational game may see the light of day in the near future ( I'm not getting any younger you know).

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Arthur,

I'm glad you're enjoying the game! Spread the word! We would like to do more sequels.

( I'm not getting any younger you know)
The problem is, neither am I ;)

Seriously, I would like to re-attack on the operational game someday. Who knows...

KEYSTONE07950

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pat:
I know this has been brought up before - One of the frustrating aspects of scenario creation for the entire series is the inablility to add units from different databases into the same scenario.

I recall from a previous thread that one very knowledgeable gentlemen indicated he would look into accomplishing this. Is this project still on anyone's plate? I believe it implementation would benefit the system as a whole.

Last edited:

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The guy working on that tool has some medical complications, but he is still hammering away at it.