Battle for the Canal 1942, Final result

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
I guess you gentlemen by now all finished your games?

Congratulations to everyone who made the final round! :)

Would you please once again report the results of BOTH of your games here? (For accuracy, please report the victory points of BOTH of your games DIRECTLY here, instead of victory levels.) We will then take the sum of the scores and the champion will be born! :love:

:banana:

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
ER_Chaser said:
I guess you gentlemen by now all finished your games?

Congratulations to everyone who made the final round! :)

Would you please once again report the results of BOTH of your games here? (For accuracy, please report the victory points of BOTH of your games DIRECTLY here, instead of victory levels.) We will then take the sum of the scores and the champion will be born! :love:

:banana:
Hi Er, i cannot open my game files for these, as i am guessing that only the player who played the last turn on each game will be able to report the final score, so over to herr Krink & Ensayne.

Ensayne

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Final Scores

Scorched Earth (Allies) vs. Ensayne (Axis) - Final Score: Allies 431
Ensayne (Allies) vs. Krink (Axis) - Final Score: Allies -521

Yes, that's -521, (521) or minus 521. I'm working on an excuse.

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
You have my score from Ensayne...so with Scorthed Earth it was

Allies: Krink 495 points.

Is it not possible to use direct fire with one of those 3" mortar units? I tried it in this scenario against a inf in the hex next to my mortar unit, and it said range exceeded by one hex. That didn't seem normal.

Ray

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
Krink said:
You have my score from Ensayne...so with Scorthed Earth it was

Allies: Krink 495 points.

Is it not possible to use direct fire with one of those 3" mortar units? I tried it in this scenario against a inf in the hex next to my mortar unit, and it said range exceeded by one hex. That didn't seem normal.

Ray
Hi Krink, yes, i noticed that too with those 3 inches, most odd, as i thought they would be most effective at close range.

For ER, my points against Krink were 425 in our game.

Last edited:

Jason Petho

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't quote me, but I do believe that there is a minimum range of 2 hexes for the 3 inch mortar. This was improved in the later versions of the 3 inch mortar August or September 1942.

Hope that helps
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho

Last edited:

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
ANyway ... never mind, it seems that detail does not matter at all.

So here are the final scores:
As allies, Krink gained 425 (or 495, not really important), and as Axis, he allowed -521, thus the total for Krink is 425-(-521)=946
As allies, SE gained 431, and as Axis, he allowed 425(or 495), thus the total is 431-425=6
As Allies, Ensayne gained -521 (yes, buddy, you indeed need some good excuses... or wait for the court martial... :p ), and as Axis, he allowed 431, thus the total is -521-431=-952

But anyway, I congratulate everyone who made this far :) ---- do not feel sad, Ensayne, even on court, tell the jury that you are the 3rd place! Not bad at all! Congratulations! :)

And let us cheer our second place winner, General ----- Scorched Earth! :banana: The brave warrior who fought against bad luck and merciless fires from Krink and Ensayne!! :rifle:

And finally, we must congratulate and honor the great champion, KRINK! (ding ding ding ding dong .... )... Here is the beer .... wha.....

:joy:

(of course, after this victory, please do not forget to update the ladder points for our heroes, esp. your own , Ray :D .... )

And I proudly annouce that this concludes our great mini-tournament --- Battle for the Canal 1942 ---- with our final and first special thanks go to Jason, who made all these possible :)

Last edited:

Krink

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
First of all, I would like to thank the academy and the Hollywood Press for....wait, that's the wrong speech!

I would like to express 1000 thank you's to ER for running a great tournament. This never would of been possible without all the work you have put into this.

And thanks to all the players for their involvement in making this a success. Hopefully we can get another one going soon.

I had a great time, and met some great people along the way. I'm going to miss doing those turns on top of my regular games though.

Cheers,
Ray

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
you are more than welcome, buddy :D ... and good work out there in the field :p

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Krink said:
First of all, I would like to thank the academy and the Hollywood Press for....wait, that's the wrong speech!

I would like to express 1000 thank you's to ER for running a great tournament. This never would of been possible without all the work you have put into this.

And thanks to all the players for their involvement in making this a success. Hopefully we can get another one going soon.

I had a great time, and met some great people along the way. I'm going to miss doing those turns on top of my regular games though.

Cheers,
Ray
Congrats Krink.:coolban: :drink: :smoke:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks ER

Congratulations to Krink. As the last place finisher I have been happily watching the action from the safety of the local beer hall and am feeling no pain. I hardly remember losing at all at this point. In fact, it won't be long until I've convinced myself that I was actually the whiner. I mean winner.

Anyway, thanks, ER, for running things and arbitrating. You may have picked up an enemy along the way, but you picked up more friends, so I hope it was worth it.

So...

Next?

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
Ensayne said:
I'd just like to point out that the only reason I lost was because of the score. Just one minor detail...
LoL ... but sincerely true, the score is the LEAST important thing for us... the FUN is the most important thing :) :love:

Big Ivan

Reaction score
Good show Gents and congrats to the final rounders!

I'm up for another tourney to vindicate myself! lol
An eastward direction is tops with me!!
I can see the vast open space and feel the sting of the cold winter!

Big Ivan ;)

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
Im awaiting the decision about the next tourny with anticipation:) Or may I suggest a big team game. I've never played one of those and always that it would be fun to do :love: as long as every one was commited:D

Scorched Earth

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
ll
ER_Chaser said:
hmm.... something in the EAST next? :cheeky:
I would just like to add my thanks and congrats to the happy few who dodged bullet and shell - it was a fun, but tough series of games. Great stuff. Well done to Jason for having the patience to create these games, and to ER for having to moderate them.

cheers
ER