Batisse Boards

Does anybody know how closely the Batisse boards mirror the official boards? I really like the look of them, but hesitate to use them in case the hindrances and obstacles aren't the same.

Country
llUnited States
I think they are great, but both have to agree to it. The most glaring example of discrepancies I have seen in limited checking is J189. The jungle seems to go to dense and the swamp/marsh is pretty hard to tell apart and also grows a lot (mostly on board 7). The buildings shift a bit too.

The VASL boards aren't exactly perfect either, but all things considered quite good (excellent given the price you pay).

j189.ssr.png

bdBatisse07-J189.gif J189-Buckleys.Block-Map.A.png

Eagle4ty

Country
llUnited States
Not a huge fan of his city & village boards (too much concrete for a 1940's depiction in most cases) but really enjoy the others even if you do have to look closely sometimes to differentiate terrain. If you're worried about an exact LOS compared to actual boards (much overrated anyway) then they're probably not for you, but they certainly spice up the immersion factor (even on boards I'm personally not enthralled about). It's an outstanding effort to be sure.

Not a huge fan of his city & village boards (too much concrete for a 1940's depiction in most cases) but really enjoy the others even if you do have to look closely sometimes to differentiate terrain. If you're worried about an exact LOS compared to actual boards (much overrated anyway) then they're probably not for you, but they certainly spice up the immersion factor (even on boards I'm personally not enthralled about). It's an outstanding effort to be sure.
I actually question how accurate the HT map LOS is on VASL considering the hexes used are normal sized versus the larger hexes that come on the HASL map. I already know the VBM tool doesn't work and you have to pull the real map to check.