Basic D3.51 question

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Every now and then I read over a (very) familiar rule and wonder if I've been playing it right...

D3.51 .....Once any vehicular weapon fires, its other weapons may fire in that phase only from that same hex [EXC: OVR; and MA retaining a Multiple ROF may fire again from another hex if the previous shot(s) were Bounding First Fire].

So a moving AFV fires its bow mg and enters a new hex... now its unfired MA (rof 2) is/is not an MA retaining a Multiple ROF?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Its MA may not fire again because it has not fired for the first time. A MA that has not fired is not included in the EXC and may not fire if another weapon fires but it does not and the vehicle then leaves that hex.

JR

Pyth

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Its MA may not fire again because it has not fired for the first time. A MA that has not fired is not included in the EXC and may not fire if another weapon fires but it does not and the vehicle then leaves that hex.

JR
Thanks.
Yeah, I noticed that "again"...
This brings up a tactic I'm sure I've never used nor noticed anyone use... if you've got a good MGs/SA shot you want to take you -- fire an MA with ROF too (including uselessly -- ) and hope for ROF -- if there's a subsequent MA shot the down the road you'd like to take. I don't think that comes up a lot, but I'm sure I haven't even been looking. A bit counter-intuitive that... fire the gun now so as to be able to fire it again later. (Of course everyone thinking... and tempt the Malf-demon? It better be a damn good (gyro-stablized) shot you're hoping for, or an expendable gun!)

Last edited: