Baseball Thread, 2011

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yeah, I haven't clinched my butt that tightly since I last went camping with you.
That sir would be an OUCH...and a good laugh....Rep points coming up!

Mark DV
Ada, MI

BobO

Argentine Dove Hunter
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations Rangers. Now win it for the American League.

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cardinals add another NL Pennant--i think it's their 50th or so--and get to play this new team called the "Texas Rangers" who won the AL.

Should be a high octane World Series with the best offenses in each league squaring off and with both team's starting pitchers struggling in the Championsip series. Should be a lot of fun.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Wow! I didn't expect either team to get out of the 1st round. :(

I hope TEX wins it finally.

Bob Miller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rooting for the Cardinals is fun because it goads Cub fans to see the Redbirds reach/win another World Series. It's been 66 and 103 years since the Cubbies reached / won the series. Oh, and counting.

The most impressive thing about the Cards run is their best pitcher and Cy Young runner up from last year, Wainwright has missed the entire year. LaRussa may know what he is doing after all.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Cardinals eat freakin' seeds....Brewers Make sweet nectar from Plants and crap....Tigers eat Brewers and chirpy little birds. But it don't matter cause:

Steely-eyed, rough-ridin' RANGERS hunt'em all down and shoot'em in their pointy, or puffy, or toothy FACES.

GO RANGERS!
YEAH.....

What Fort said.....

AL ROCKS......

(I might have cursed them.....)

B E W A R E . .. . . . .. . ...

Glennbo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Congratulations Rangers. Now win it for the American League.
Yep!

I've been off the computer for a week, so I haven't been able to detail the ups and downs of my Tigers experiences. But I sure enjoyed the ride while it lasted!

Anybody ever seen a movie titled, "The Birds"? I hate those freakin' birds. I mean they even attacked little kids! The tiny devils peck your eyes out. If I'm a Ranger I'm going to kill 'em with fire, ...and lot's of nerve gas! :gas: :skull:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Thanks Psycho. Your endorsement of the Rangers is pretty much the kiss of death for them...
I didn't predict TEX would win, I said I hope they win. ;) I'll go with Nolan in his prediction: TEX in 6. :thumup:

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Game 5 tonight - both teams roll out their aces and its Carpenter v Wilson. It doesn't get much better than this - but if the Cardinals win, I think they win the series. If Texas wins - they still still have to go itno Busch Stadium and win ANOTHER game - it could be a pretty tall order.

And Pujols put on a show for the ages Saturday night.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Game 5 tonight - both teams roll out their aces and its Carpenter v Wilson. It doesn't get much better than this - but if the Cardinals win, I think they win the series. If Texas wins - they still still have to go itno Busch Stadium and win ANOTHER game - it could be a pretty tall order.

Holland....and Napoli were quite impressive last night.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine

TEX did win game 2 in STL. ;)

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know the ratings have been dismal on this - but I have really enjoyed the 2011 World Series. we have seen four competitive, well played agmes and one game dominated by an All Time cornerstone player. Really good stuff: hope it goes seven games and we get a classic in Game 7.

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know the ratings have been dismal on this - but I have really enjoyed the 2011 World Series. we have seen four competitive, well played agmes and one game dominated by an All Time cornerstone player. Really good stuff: hope it goes seven games and we get a classic in Game 7.
Me too! :D

Spencer Armstrong

Canard de Guerre
Reaction score
First name
Spencer
Country
llUnited States
Game 6 postponed on a forecast that didn't come to pass. Last night would have been a night any game all year would have gotten played in.

Showing once again that post-season baseball is extremely unlike regular season baseball.

S

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh My God.

Oh My God.

My first World Series memory is a dim recollection fo Game 6: 1975 and Fisk's hoem run. as a seven year old. And obviously thsi memeory has been enehanced over the eyars with film and books adn radio etc.

It will always be the greatest World series game I ever saw - BUT:

Last night's was the greastest i have ever seen since. A game for the freaking ages. There was no way I ever expected teh Cardinals to come back form two runs down TWICE in their final at bats - in the ninth and tenth. Unbeleivable baseball.

We got teh classic game I was looking for - one night early. Is there any wya Game 7 can top it?

AZslim

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh My God.

Oh My God.

My first World Series memory is a dim recollection fo Game 6: 1975 and Fisk's hoem run. as a seven year old. And obviously thsi memeory has been enehanced over the eyars with film and books adn radio etc.

Last night's was the greastest i have ever seen since. A game for the freaking ages. There was no way I ever expected teh Cardinals to come back form two runs down TWICE in their final at bats - in the ninth and tenth. Unbeleivable baseball.

We got teh classic game I was looking for - one night early. Is there any wya Game 7 can top it?
Pretty cool, wasn't it? I'm not a fan of either team, so I want to see games like this and a 7th game. I won both ways last night.

Bob Holmstrom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh My God.

Oh My God.

I'm still stunned.

Can game 7 top game 6? If the Cards win, yes. :D

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Aces my ass......the pitching is so diluted it is pathetic......EVERY MLB umpire I know will tell you the same tale about baseball today......

there is no pitching and the games are too long.............