Barrage question

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey George,

I'm playing Crossing the Moro now but I think this question would apply to any of your CG products that have barrage capable OBA.

I'm the German player and I plan on purchasing O1 (Regiment Artillery;105mm OBA (HE & Smoke)) which is Barrage Capable (E12). My plan is to setup a Creeping Barrage and advance behind it. My question revolves around E12.771:

12.771 CONVERTING: If a SSR allots a radio for use with a Creeping Barrage, a Good Order Observer may attempt to gain normal Radio Contact and Battery Access (using its present draw pile) in an allowed phase after that in which the Creeping Barrage Lifts. If he succeeds, that battery then becomes available for normal (Concentration/Harassing) Fire Missions. However, the Pre-Registered hex used to initially place the Creeping Barrage is no longer considered Pre-Registered.

Question #1. I assume I get a radio with O1 since I do not HAVE to use it as a Barrage.
Question #2. Since I have a radio, can I convert as described in E12.771? If so, does it matter how long the Barrage lasted (in regards to, say, removing X black cards from the deck for every full turn the Barrage is in play)?

Thanks,
MikeS

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Answer #1 - Yes an OBA module comes with Radio.
Answer #2 - Once the Barrage lifts, a leader with a Radio can attempt to gain contact.

Remember, not before the barrage lifts and the pre-reg hexes cease to exist. Also must purchase a pre-registered hex

Cheers

George