bar-b-que

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
tis the season!what's everybody like,gas?charcoal?whats your favorite thing to grill?for me its "kingsford" all the way,never much cared for gas,did'nt seem like a real bar-b-que.nothing like grilling steaks on the patio,ice chest close by,and my telescope for when the sun goes down.now thats living!

RichardS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by terry patterson
tis the season!what's everybody like,gas?charcoal?whats your favorite thing to grill?for me its "kingsford" all the way,never much cared for gas,did'nt seem like a real bar-b-que.nothing like grilling steaks on the patio,ice chest close by,and my telescope for when the sun goes down.now thats living!
Technically; grilling is not BBQing. BBQing is slow coaking over woodchips. But I like grilling steaks over gas or coal with mesquite wood chips tossed into the fire for that smokey flavour!

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Re: bar-b-que

Originally posted by RichardS
Technically; grilling is not BBQing. BBQing is slow coaking over woodchips. But I like grilling steaks over gas or coal with mesquite wood chips tossed into the fire for that smokey flavour!
Technacalities. It still cooks the meat.

tadcar

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I use a Weber gas grill. My favorite meat is beef brisket slow cooked. I wrap hickory chips in foil with a small opening on top after soaking them for about half an hour. Then I place the chips under the grill and use indirect heating to slow cook the brisket. I also have a recipe for a dry rub that I use on the brisket before I fire it. After 2 hours, I take out the brisket, brush with my wife's barbecue sauce and wrap the brisket in a tightly sealed aluminum foil and put back in the Weber for another 2 hours. Slice the brisket against the grain, it melts like butter!

Thomas McPeek

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kingsford charcoal all the way:thumb:

Governor of Sinister Correction Centre.

chrisvalla

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Grilling... BBQing... it all takes too long... I would, but some for some reason I can't cook outdoors with a flamethrower... some city ordinance about projecting flames...

Cpt. Bonez

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my doc put me on an medium-cooked-steak diet for a full month because he thought i was Anemic (low iron count in my blood) so all this talk about steak is disgusting me. however a nice BLT with mayo wouldn't hurt!

Tiger1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Charcoal all the way. I like stuffed pork chops, throw the potatoes right on there too. Meat loaf is great also. Hang on a minute. I have to go to the fridge.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Post above about outdoor grilling and bonafide BBQ-ing not being the same - is probably right (according to the Travel Channel - that was entirely correct).

Anyway - out here in KC -is some of the absolute best BBQ you can find (it is the main thing I like about being out here) - oh and meat being low card (or no card) - is 'Atkins approved' -so you can like stuff yourself on red meat until you hurl - if you drink a diet soda - and about 15 pounds of meat the only cards you consume is on the sauce -- and you have maybe a 7000 calorie meal (or more) ...

ok sorry about the Carb sermon thing -- am a diebetic - and know way more about carbs than a normal human wants/needs to :rolleyes: