Banzai!! 25.2 Is Now Available For Free Download

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Banzai!! 25.2 is now available!
Welcome back to another edition of the newsletter of Texas ASL, Banzai!!. I hope everyone is staying safe from Covid-19 and getting at least a little playing time in. We have a great issue lined up for you. I have pulled together some basic ASL fundamentals to assist new ASL/ASLSK players in getting up to speed. Vinnie Maresca has provided us another seminal article, this time on how to represent the Waffen-SS in ASL. I am sure this article will be just as widely referenced as his earlier article on the Italians in ASL (Banzai!! 19.1). We profile Texas ASL Hall of Famer Ed Beekman, and wrap it up with another ASLSK contribution from Peter Di Cioccio. All that and more await you in this issue of Banzai!! A heads up regarding the next issue of Banzai!!. We received it a little late for this issue, but there is very detailed and inciteful analysis of RO5 Men of Steel from the indomitable Rich Spilky headed your way. Be on the lookout for that very special edition of Banzai!! coming soon.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Excellent articles!!!

Looking forward to the next issue.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
The table for scenario designers will be useful to properly allocate the correct squad type per SS formation, and not to use systematically the 658 type for each and every of them, as it was the case in the early days.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
@rreinesch The first article "Basic Game Fundamentals" is outstanding. The only one I have had time to read so far. Well done. -- jim

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I'm not sure about the Rule Tip on page 16:

"During the enemy MPh, a squad possessing a MG fires only the SW at a target. The MG is then marked with a First Fire marker, but the squad is not. Then later, the squad uses its inherent firepower and fires the MG to engage a target that is farther than the closest KEU. A couple of things to note in this situation; the MG will suffer sustained fire penalties since it has already first fired, and the MG is not restricted to firing at a target at or closer than the closest KEU. Also, while the rules don't call for the sqaud's FP to be halved and even though the squad is not under a First Fire marker, it will be marked "Final Fire" after the attack."

Seems to me that the MG is using Subsequent First Fire here, and would be thusly restricted.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not sure about the Rule Tip on page 16:

"During the enemy MPh, a squad possessing a MG fires only the SW at a target. The MG is then marked with a First Fire marker, but the squad is not. Then later, the squad uses its inherent firepower and fires the MG to engage a target that is farther than the closest KEU. A couple of things to note in this situation; the MG will suffer sustained fire penalties since it has already first fired, and the MG is not restricted to firing at a target at or closer than the closest KEU. Also, while the rules don't call for the sqaud's FP to be halved and even though the squad is not under a First Fire marker, it will be marked "Final Fire" after the attack."

Seems to me that the MG is using Subsequent First Fire here, and would be thusly restricted.
Thanks, Klas. I've amended the text to reflect the proper usage.

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Banzai has and continues to be an underappreciated resource for ASLers. Thanks for the work you put into turning out an excellent product.

BD