Bandenkrieg Errata

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Revisiting this release. I had two mistakes pointed out by Morgan, from this forum.
First off, the first victory condition option is Building K19 NOT K10! K10 has no apparent value.
The Germans set up on/between Rows J and Q in hexes < 24.
I am going to revisit this release and see what else I had missed six years ago.
If there is enough interest I may submit a revised version to Ray.
For those that have played this pack and have spotted other errors, please PM me with these questions.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario #9: Chaos in Haste.
German AL should be a 9-1. No value is shown on the scenario card.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm, just noticed this version:10967
And this one: 10968
If these changes have been made, let me know. I have not seen these revised releases. I do like the added snow. Despite the dates of these actions there still was snow falling.
Also, for those of you that have the Bandenkrieg release and have questions, just pm me at your leisure.

Last edited:

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
Brian, sorry I couldn't find you the Eagles Beer mug but I did copy this from CH message board a while ago:

Q: What kind of terrain is [hex] C17 supposed to be?

A: [From developer Brian Martuzas] This terrain feature is supposed to represent felled trees in cleared woods hexes. Treat these as a [inherent] brush.

This should have been noted in the rules but I definitely missed this. The map had underwent many revisions and there are many of these hexes in BK. They represent individual logs on the ground which were not enough of a terrain obstacle to warrant any TEM but enough to provide a hindrance. I had wondered if tree bursts should apply but for simplicity's sake we opted to leave it as a piece of non-open ground.

Errata

Scenario #1 - Death Before Breakfast: in the Objectives, clause 'b', omit the word "and" between the words 'for' and 'Captured'.

On scenario #6: The Partisan's Inn, the Objectives refers to "prisoners and captured Guns exited..." I believe this is an errata, and the word "exited" should be omitted. [Submitted by Dave Lamb]

Scenario #7 - The livestock counters may NOT move until Russian Player 4. It should have been in SSR #3.

Dave Lamb posted - Found a few new errata/clarifications from my own research and from customer complaints at ASLOK:

Scenario #2 - Heavy Weapons School
In the Objectives, change reference from hex K10 to hex L11 (the former location being outside the playing area).

Scenario #3 - Schoolhouse Hill
In the German OB reinforcement instructions, change the reference from SR #3 to SR #2.
In SR #2, 2nd sentence, change to: "Partisans and German reinforcements enter following..."
In the Objectives, the last sentence is superfluous as it is standard in the ASLRB.

Scenario #9 - Chaos In Haste
In the German on-map, at start OB set up instructions, delete the word "on". There would be set up overlap with the Russian OB.

In Scenario 9, Chaos in Waste, SSR3: "Prior to all setup the Russian player may secretly record the location of <= 4 trail break counters in appropriate terrain. Each TB is revealed the first time it is used by a Russian unit in the LOS of a Good Order German unit, via Searching, or when a German enters its hex."

With Chaos in Haste The Germans Set up first. The Russians set up second WEST of Hexrow D. Delete "on/". The Germans move first.

Allis Chalmers

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thank you Tooz and Xenovin
Your posts perfectly cover all the question marks I had when discovering the scenario pack.
Worth noting, I acquired the "Partisan" winter map that has a beautiful finish and is ideally suited to play the April '43 snowy scenarios.