Band of Brothers. What the actors did next...

FanaticTW

World Famous in Maine
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice Pull from the Interwebs

HBO did a series in '08 Called Generation Kill-- a look at Marines during the 2003 Iraq Invasion

you should give it a watch.

I mention it because a lot of the actors are showing up as stars in American TV series

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

HBO did a series in '08 Called Generation Kill-- a look at Marines during the 2003 Iraq Invasion

I mention it because a lot of the actors are showing up as stars in American TV series

The modern stuff bothers me because... well you know... we're the bad guys now.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The modern stuff bothers me because... well you know... we're the bad guys now.
Who you calling "we"?

Its the Americans that are the bad guys of the world now.....

Making dictators become extinct and causing countries to almost "civil war"?

Yeah, blame the Americans and our thoughts of "freedom for everyone" and a "democratically elected" ruling body......

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who you calling "we"?

Its the Americans that are the bad guys of the world now.....

Making dictators become extinct and causing countries to almost "civil war"?

Yeah, blame the Americans and our thoughts of "freedom for everyone" and a "democratically elected" ruling body......
I used to be with you on this Kevin, but now, I say let them kill each other all they want and we need to stay the hell out of it. If they want to kill each other off, let them.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I'd say SOME of the actors were unknown...'Most' would be a stretch.

Certainly, from a British POV almost all the actors were already well respected and known in their field before BoB

I find it kind of a shame that there are some who haven't done so well after BoB...that's quite sad.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Excellent series. Wished that stupid jock captain would have got wounded, so he would quit getting his men killed. Could never understand a word that old kiss ass soldier was mumbling, but I guess that was the point. I'm surprised more of them didn't get killed as they were used in situations completely out of their armor thickness level.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damian Lewis won an Emmy for best actor in Homeland. I recently watched the 1st season and it is pretty good. Have to watch the 2nd season to see if I really like it or not.

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Damian Lewis won an Emmy for best actor in Homeland. I recently watched the 1st season and it is pretty good. Have to watch the 2nd season to see if I really like it or not.
He was also on that NBC series where he was a cop that went to jail but then gets his job back.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
He was also on that NBC series where he was a cop that went to jail but then gets his job back.
Played an officer in Warriors, a British drama in the 90's based around the British Army in Bosnia.

It was very disturbing and really well made.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Played an officer in Warriors, a British drama in the 90's based around the British Army in Bosnia.

It was very disturbing and really well made.
The series is not available on Netflix.... Too bad.

There are a few other stories on Netflix that have me interested in watching as well; about The battle on Siapan and the Japanese defenders holding out against the US Marines.