Band of Brothers movie

Cheetah772

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello everybody,

Has anybody watched this great epic miniseries based on Stephen Ambrose's book, "The Band of Brothers"? It has 10 parts, each about an hour and 15 minutes. I watched them on the DVDs, and oh boy, let me say this, it's a great movie!

In my opinion, it deserves a place next to the best war movie of all, the "Saving Private Ryan." It deserves five stars and two thumbs up! I think in some areas, it's way much better than the "Saving Private Ryan," especially in the combat scenes. In some parts, the combat is an ongoing scene for nearly an hour! God, I love this, and I am thinking about buying it (I had rented the movie, costing me a bundle of money, but oh well, it was worth the price!).

At the end, it made me burst out in tears, I salute the "Easy" Company of 101st Airborne Division. They first trained in Tocoa, leading all way to where they fought in D-Day invasion in Normandy, from there, witnessing some actions in "Market Garden" operation, Bastogne, Foy, Hangeshu, and at last capturing the Hitler's "Eagle Nest" fortress in Bavaria, Germany.

I honestly recommend this great war movie!

Dan

Fishotter

Reaction score
Country
llAustria
Hey, that's cool, 'cause I got the DVDs for Christmas. I just didn't get around to viewing them yet, but after your raving review I'm very much looking forward to it :cheeky:

Headshot

Reaction score
What a great series.The problem I had was the presentation of Soeble, he seemed much more of a shadowy disrespected figure in the book.

John Paul

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Headshot
What a great series.The problem I had was the presentation of Soeble, he seemed much more of a shadowy disrespected figure in the book.
but even in the book no one would say that to his face...would you?

FlyingShells

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I never saw the movie, but i did see "Saving Private Ryan" and loved it, so looks like im gonna buy "Band of Brothers"