Bad news regarding SP:Korean War project

Warhorse

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello all, anyone who has been following my progress with my Korean War mod for H2H, I would like to post this sad news that most likely the project is dead:( I had Red Baron 3D crashing whenever I tried to play it for awhile now, I think since the big 'Windows ME update' I did a few weeks ago, anyhow, it did it again the other day, so I scandisked, and all appeared ok. Then I went to check my E-mail, and when I went to exit the Outlook Express program, I got an error message, then black screen. I ctr-alt-deleted, and got a screen with the OE, and IE screens frozen, but everything was locked up, had to shutdown by hitting the power switch. Short end of it is that now I can't scandisk, defrag, or restore, despite being able to get to the desktop by either regular boot, or safemode, any attempt at scan etc results in a lockup, or restart automatically!! I had neglected to back up my work, so if the shop can't fix it, I will get a new HD and install Win98, but I won't be redoing my work on the Korean War project, am bummed out way too much over 3 months of work shot to hell, and being too damn absorbed to think about dumping it to a zip. My apologies, and todays lesson boys and girls is; BACK UP YOUR S***!!!

Warhorse

Talon xBMCx

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Maaan .... that bites big time!!!! :(

Hopefully they can fix it for you. It would be a shame to lose all that work.

Talon