Backblast vs SMC

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In the usual IIFT/ift situations, if the SMC is randomly selected for the K in a K/1 result that SMC doesn't have to take the 1 check. However, what about a lone SMC who has elected to take the backblast from a faust and rolls snakes? Would that SMC still only take the K result and ignore the 1 check? At the time I assumed it was still just the K result but I got to wondering about it later.

So whatcha think?

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
In the usual IIFT/ift situations, if the SMC is randomly selected for the K in a K/1 result that SMC doesn't have to take the 1 check. However, what about a lone SMC who has elected to take the backblast from a faust and rolls snakes? Would that SMC still only take the K result and ignore the 1 check? At the time I assumed it was still just the K result but I got to wondering about it later.

So whatcha think?
Change the question: If an SMC was attacked on the IFT with a K/2 result, would you roll wound severity and then roll the 2MC or would you stop at the Wound Check? Why would you treat that any different here? Wound check and move on. -- jim

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Change the question: If an SMC was attacked on the IFT with a K/2 result, would you roll wound severity and then roll the 2MC or would you stop at the Wound Check? Why would you treat that any different here? Wound check and move on. -- jim
The only reason I asked is because it wasn't an actual IIFT/ift shot. During the game I didn't treat it any differently than if it had been an IIFT/ift shot but just wanted some player confirmation that the backblast was treated the same as a regular IIFT/ift shot in this case.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
The only reason I asked is because it wasn't an actual IIFT/ift shot. During the game I didn't treat it any differently than if it had been an IIFT/ift shot but just wanted some player confirmation that the backblast was treated the same as a regular IIFT/ift shot in this case.
The Backblast is an attack on the 1 column of the IFT (see C13.8 which points to C13.81 where in it says "firing Location in such restrictive terrain undergo attack on the 1 FP column of the IFT using only the colored dr of that To Hit DR"). -- jim