Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi all,

just a short message as I am back in France and am trying to get everything fixed in my new home here in Compiègne, not so far from Paris.

If any of you is willing to come and visit, give me a couple of weeks or so since my stuff is still somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. After that, we should start again to rock and roll :)

Best,

X

M.Koch

Grenadier TD
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Good News X

Are you living in a railway trailer...THE railway Trailer ? :cool:

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

just a short message as I am back in France and am trying to get everything fixed in my new home here in Compiègne, not so far from Paris.

If any of you is willing to come and visit, give me a couple of weeks or so since my stuff is still somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. After that, we should start again to rock and roll :)

Best,

X
Heya X - welcome back!!!

Rgds Jack

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
That's good news Xavier. Looking forward to some more activity from LFT.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Great stuff :cool:
very much looking forward to your next issue (interested in the Italians, just got my fingers crossed that there's some RSI action in there:D

Hope the weather is good over in France, getting towards winter now over here in Scotland, still very warm though at least but getting darker every night

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Glad to see you are back. I'll pop an FB IM to you over the weekend.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good News X

Are you living in a railway trailer...THE railway Trailer ? :cool:
I thought I read somewhere that Hitler had the railroad car destroyed shortly after the French surrender in 1940.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought I read somewhere that Hitler had the railroad car destroyed shortly after the French surrender in 1940.
According to Wikipedia, the Germans destroyed part of the monuments, but saved the train car, which was taken back to Germany, with it only being destroyed in 1945.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Now pack up and get to ASLOK!
...when you can. It would be great to see you again!

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Wish I could Brian, but I just received a phone call from the transporter and my container is still at sea somewhere, and won't reach Le Havre until October 3rd (the ship left Malabo on August 18th..... would have been faster with an U-Boot). Then customs, so I don't even know when will I get my stuff. I will try to attend next ASLOK in 2017, since I have a lot of people to meet and I kinda miss all this fantastic ASL orgy, not to talk about our *small* playtest sessions.... :)

Best,

X

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all,

Best,

X
I lived in Compiegne 1990-91 when I went to the Ecole d'Etat Major. A very nice place to live.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi all,

Best,

X
Well, you know .. we are kinda hoping to have this big party weekend in Siem Reap next year ..

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi,

I lived in Compiegne 1990-91 when I went to the Ecole d'Etat Major.
Actually, since you know the place, I am living just besides the former EEM (which has moved to Saumur a few years ago) and within 100 yards of the Imperial Palace. Could be a nice place to organize an ASL event, but I think the schedule is already full ;)

Well, you know .. we are kinda hoping to have this big party weekend in Siem Reap next year ..
As discussed with Raph, the even should take place during the last week of July, but we still have to discuss it together (you included, Jack!).

Best,

X

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi,

Actually, since you know the place, I am living just besides the former EEM (which has moved to Saumur a few years ago) and within 100 yards of the Imperial Palace. Could be a nice place to organize an ASL event, but I think the schedule is already full ;)
I didn't know the EEM moved. But I know about where you are living. I lived in an old row house at 10 Rue Martel right across the street from an elementary school. yes, Compiegne would be a nice place to hold an ASL event!

greuh

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Compiègne is just out of reach of RER D (stops at Creil). If it had gone all the way, I would have had a direct train to go and see you :)

Chaim628

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
Good to hear you are back Xavier. I had to leave Nigeria as well. I got all my ASL stuff out in airfreight, cannot believe I brought it with me in the first place...