B9.2 Wall/hedge TEM/LOS

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Re: the image in http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/is-this-los-clear.128513/ and reproduced below.
LOS_Hedge_Q.jpg

Assuming no building in Y3, hedges are hedges:
Q: Would a shot from BB6 against a target in Y3 receive +1 hedge TEM? Or is the shot blocked since the LOS doesn’t pass exactly (as B9.2 seems to indicate) down the hexspine of the hedge?

+1 TEM

....Perry
MMP

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I'm going to bump this thread up again because of a situation that came up that I haven't found exactly covered in the forum. And the illustration fits my issue.

Take the situation above where the LOS does NOT go down the hexspine of the hedge/wall hexside, but the LOS does clip some of that hedge/wall hexside's artwork. In the situation above (with the bldg in Y3 not there) this resulted in a +1 TEM to the shot incoming to Y3.

But say the LOS is going from BB6, through and beyond Y3 to a further hex center dot, and in doing so clips the hedge artwork as it does above, ie the exact same LOS is drawn but to a hex further on. LOS blocked?

(Rule ref: B9.1...The thick terrain depiction, as well as the hexside itself (inclusive of vertices), represents the wall/hedge and will affect any LOS through it...)

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
IIRC, yes. I think there might be a thread on it, looking...

A_T_Great

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I'm going to bump this thread up again because of a situation that came up that I haven't found exactly covered in the forum. And the illustration fits my issue.

Take the situation above where the LOS does NOT go down the hexspine of the hedge/wall hexside, but the LOS does clip some of that hedge/wall hexside's artwork. In the situation above (with the bldg in Y3 not there) this resulted in a +1 TEM to the shot incoming to Y3.

But say the LOS is going from BB6, through and beyond Y3 to a further hex center dot, and in doing so clips the hedge artwork as it does above, ie the exact same LOS is drawn but to a hex further on. LOS blocked?

(Rule ref: B9.1...The thick terrain depiction, as well as the hexside itself (inclusive of vertices), represents the wall/hedge and will affect any LOS through it...)
Yes it would be blocked, because the LOS clipped the hedge, and the target hex is not the next hex directly behind the hedge.

Cpl Uhl

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But for outgoing LOS from Y3 the hedge artwork has no effect because the hexspine, inc the hedge artwork are considered to be part of the firer's hex?