B9.2, D4.21

Mastadon61

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
-- not sure how to insert a picture I cut from VASL. I guess I"ll describe it. Maybe the attachment will work...

Target AFV is in bypass in a hex with a wall hexside that reaches the vertex where the AFV is. Firing AFV shoots along a wall hexside. That is, fire runs lengthwise through the wall that is attached to the vertex aiming point. I believe the +2 wall would apply to the shot. If the +2 wall would apply, it would be HD to the shot and the shot would bounce :) off the wall, corner, vertex, somehow.

Thanks,

Don

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States

I would agree. As per the other reasoning in the other similar thread (http://www.war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17631), the LOS is clearly being drawn through the wall. And as per B9.21 EX, a vehicle in bypass at the vertex of a wall (or hedge is this case) is still subject (or not) to blocked LOS from the wall depending on which hex it occupies.

Last edited:

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
I have just got a Perry sez about exactly this situation, which fortunately gives the answer I asked Perry to give ;)

>Is LOS to a vertex of a wall hexspine affected by the wall when the LOS goes through
> 1) At least one of the two hexes that shares the hexspine, or
> 2) Both hexes that shares the hexspine?

2) Both hexes.

....Perry
So what this essentially says, is that the hexspine of the vertex that you're at will protect you if and only if the LOS is drawn along the hexspine. This is the case in Mastadon61's question, so zgrose is correct.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
That is an odd way of phrasing the question, but after reading it a couple times I finally understood the question you were asking. You summary makes a lot more sense than your Perry Sez QA.

(I probably would've made it 2) Both vertices of the hexspine.)

So I guess that also confirms the answer in the other thread. Good stuff.