B6.3 Bridge TEM

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Is the note from the chapter divider (-1 TEM if Direct Fire LOS along the road depiction of the bridge) mentioned anywhere else in the rulebook? I would've expected to see it in B6.3 but it doesn't appear to be mentioned any where in B6.x

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
zgrose said:
Is the note from the chapter divider (-1 TEM if Direct Fire LOS along the road depiction of the bridge) mentioned anywhere else in the rulebook? I would've expected to see it in B6.3 but it doesn't appear to be mentioned any where in B6.x
From v2:
B6.2 All bridges block LOS between units on the bridge and units beneath the bridge. Otherwise, a bridge does not block LOS. However, a non-pontoon bridge does Hinder any LOS drawn through it between units which are at the same level as the Bridge or units only one of which is below the level of the Bridge (unless that LOS is traced only through the road depiction of that bridge). Non-pontoon bridges are always at the same level as the road they connect to. Bridge counters are Inherent Terrain (B.6) but LOS into/through its hex does not incur the Bridge Hindrance/TEM if it crosses only road hexsides (exclusive of vertices) of that hex.

And B6.3 seems to cover it as well:
B6.3 Direct Fire (and Direct Fire Interdiction) against a target on a bridge which is traced only through the road depiction of that bridge hex (or against any pontoon bridge, regardless of LOF) is considered to take place in Open Ground (1.15).

I think the confusion is that the card is not clear on what it is saying. I think the -1 was supposed to indicate FFMO was applicable if LOS was across the road depiction. There is not a -1 TEM like a runway or boulevard.

Last edited:

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Should've looked at the website Q&A first:

B6.3 Is the -1 TEM for a bridge shown on the Chapter B divider in addition to FFMO?
A. No, it represents the possibility of FFMO; there is no additional minus DRM for being on a bridge. {J1}