B26. and B27. Exiting from Trench and Wire hex

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hello!

I have a question on exiting a trench/wire hex.
Basically do I get caught up on the wire when expending one MF to move out of the trench before leaving the hex?

My guess is no, and vaguely follows this logic..

B26.32 says "LOCATION: A unit on a Wire counter and one beneath a Wire counter in the same hex are in the same Location."

while B27.13 says "LOCATION: A unit in a foxhole is not in the same Location as a unit outside that foxhole on the same level (not in a pillbox) and in the same hex for purposes of weapon Recovery or TEM, but is considerd in the same Location for all other purposes "

So I'm not changing location (i.e. from a non-wire to a wire location) when leaving the foxhole so don't get strung up on the wire.

Is this anywhere near the truth? Or should I be applying COWTRA and go and hang out my washing?

Cheers

Chris

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
No, this is very near the truth :)

The unit beneath the Trench is in the same Location as the Wire, and is therefor already beneath the Wire. So you can happily exit the Trench (still being beneath the Wire) before exiting the hex.

Note that a Pillbox is a separate Location though, so a unit exiting a PB will be placed ontop of the Wire in the same hex.