hexes?

A). No.
.....Perry

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Otherwise wire would be next to worthless, instead of next to the trees you can’t bypass.

Last edited:

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, well AT Ditches (and they should) don't connect so .................................

Seth

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, well AT Ditches (and they should) don't connect so .................................

Seth
The rule is fairly clear:
  • 26.44 BYPASS: Non-vehicular Bypass of any hexside that is part of a hex containing Wire is not allowed. VBM is allowed but still requires expenditure of the Wire MP penalty and a Bog Check, although these penalties apply only once per hex (in the first hexside Bypassed) — not per hexside traversed.
Since the hexsides are also inherent to all adjacent hexes there's not much wiggle room there unless one could make a case for "...Bypass of any..." be changed to "...Bypass along any...". Really don't think it would be necessary though.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The thinking was ..... "the other hex" so the "other hexe's, hexside" . I can see it that way . But as the answer from Perry shows. It was written in a different way than most hex / hexside rules to indicate the shared hexside.

No matter. I had sent the question in five years ago just to have it clarified. It came up again in a game and when I looked for the Q/A in the compilation I didn't find it. Still had it in my email so I posted it.

Seth