Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
B24.8 states that "a unit" that fails its clearance attempt is placed under a -1 Labor counter. So imagine unit A has its -1 Labor counter. Unit B joins the effort on the following turn. They fail to clear the roadblock. Interpreting the rule literally, one might think that unit B now receives a -1 Labor counter while unit A has its Labor counter flipped to the -2 side. That situation might lead one to further conclude that the next clearance attempt would have a total -3 Labor Status DRM.

That B24.7 states "all attempts to clear the same item in the same phase must be combined". That statement does not prevent the above interpretation. Is there a rule that does?

rcarter

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No expert on this for sure but have been looking at this for a PHD campaign I am playing. I think the Labor counter is for the Task, not necessarily for the unit. So each extra unit is put "under" the labor counter. So max labor drm would be -2. All additional MMC's, etc are just -1 per HS equivalent.

This is just my interpretation, it is based on the language of B24.8 -- especially the following "... it may add the -1 Labor Status DRM to its DR even if joined by new units." and further

"Once earned, a Labor counter remains in place until the Task is achieved or all MMC beneath it are eliminated or removed from their current Location." This sentence would not make sense if each unit got a Labor counter.

Rick

Last edited:

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
one roll, you get extra Mods for each unit participating see Clearance Attempt DRM chart B24.7 second to the last sentence, "All attempts to clear the same item in the same phase must be combined into one DR."

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Necroposting to be sure that a Labor status applies even when new units join those previously involved in the task.
E.g. :
- two squads spent their MPh in a minefield, being marked by TI as they declare that they will attempt clearance during the upcoming CCPh.
- another squad advances during APh (it won't be able to clear the minefield, of course)
- CCPh : the two squads (-3 DRM) fail clearance (i.e. roll >5) and are marked with a -1 Labor status.
- Next game turn of their nationality : MPh : the three go TI and declare that they will attempt clearance during the upcoming CCPh.
- CCPh : does the attempt benefit from the -1 Labor status?