B24.74: Clearing Dummy Minefields

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Folks,

Have a look at B24.74 and imagine a situation where there are known (and some dummy) minefields.

What if a unit spends their entire MF to enter a dummy minefield (thinking it is real) in an attempt to
clear it?

The way I read the rules, there is no dispensation for the fact that it is a dummy minefield. Do you agree?

I did not see anything in Klas' excellent compilation, nor on the MMP website about this.

Thanks in advance.
indy

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree, they see the signs that say minefield (how they know it is a known minefield) and look for mines, but don't see any. They might realize the rouse in the CCPh when they roll a 12 on the Clearance attempt and some of them don't die. :rolleyes:

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I agree, they see the signs that say minefield (how they know it is a known minefield) and look for mines, but don't see any. They might realize the rouse in the CCPh when they roll a 12 on the Clearance attempt and some of them don't die. :rolleyes:
Roll a 12 and some don't die?! Is this D & D all of a sudden?! :)

indy

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen. Found it.

B28.47, Dummy Minefields, second sentence: "When the opponent discovers that it is
a Dummy (which must be announced when any ground unit enters..."), simply remove
it from play."

Thanks to Rob for spotting this.

Move along...nothing to see here...