B 9.31 Wall TEM and Armored Assault

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
a) Is it possible to claim WA during an Armored Assault?

b) Is the +2 TEM DRM of a wall hexside cumulative to the +1 Armored Assault DRM so that I end up with +3 DRM to protect the Infantry.

As far as I see the B 9.31 rule does state that wall TEM is not cumulative to positive TEM of other terrain in the hex. But clearly the AFV is not "other terrain".:confused:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So the question is, when can you claim the protection of the AFV? D9.3:

This TEM is applicable only if the unit can claim no other positive TEM, but is cumulative with any SMOKE/Hindrance DRM applicable to the firer. An unarmored vehicle exerts no TEM until it becomes a wreck. Infantry/Cavalry in the
same hex with a vehicle are not affected by the elimination of that vehicle.
So the entire premise fails. The AFV is TEM. The TEM of the AFV is not cumulative except with hindrance. Pretty straightforward once you look at both rules.

:devious:

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
CHERDE said:
a) Is it possible to claim WA during an Armored Assault?
Yes, there is nothing in B9.32 or D9.31 that prevents it.

b) Is the +2 TEM DRM of a wall hexside cumulative to the +1 Armored Assault DRM so that I end up with +3 DRM to protect the Infantry.
No, as Larry points out. The unit will receive Wall TEM when fired on through the wall hexside and AFV TEM when fired on through non-wall hexsides.

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
apologies!

I am relatively new to the AFV rules and did not read D 9.3 properly.:shock:

Thank You Robin for the llink to the interesting thread. I will study it in short order.:)