Axis and Allies RTS

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Demo is out. Download here.

I've played a little bit with it, the game allows you to play as either Russians or Germans. It includes the option to play two tutorial missions and one single player campaign missions. However, it also gives you a skirmish map to play on, along with a random map generator (and it has multiplayer support LAN and internet). It looks like all the of the units for the respective sides are unlocked in the demo... so in other words, this demo is loaded and a pretty good representation of what's to come.

As for my person experience with it so far, it's been interesting, I definitely want to spend more time with this game, and at the moment I'm considering picking it up when it comes out. There's a few things I don't like, but then there's a lot of innovative additions to the RTS genre.

I'd suggest people check this one out.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sweet! Thanks overseer. Its nice that it supports online play in the demo. Going to download now...

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There servers are probably just full. Either try a different download server, or wait a while for them to free up. I couldn't download it right now either...

HOwever, it is 275mb, so I doubt anyone can send it to us LOL.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yeah all the servers are busy. WIll have to be patient for this one.

Archamus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll take the time to send it to people over AIM if they want me to...

Only took me 18 minutes ;)

Last edited:

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First impression,...this is NOT your daddy's A&A! Don't expect an all-encompassing strategy game - this one is nothing but a quick-clicking RTS with resources and such - think C&C WWII.

Played it for an hour until the yawning wouldn't stop.

Larkin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Terry Patterson said:
im downloading from gamespot as we speak.i've got DSL,and have about a 3 hour wait for the download to finish.
Pitty us poor fools using Dial Up.

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, it's an RTS, so don't expect in depth strategy. Although on the otherhand remember, this isn't a strategy game, more of a tactics game. And I haven't played it since the first day I played, probably shows my replay interest. :p

However in its defense, there's more strategy (tactics) in it than in most RTS games. And I think the resources are handled in a much better way (no miner units).