Axis & Allies gets a 6.0/10 from gamespot...

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/axisalliesrts/review.html

And a 5 for reviewers tilt....:(

"While the game's multiplayer portion can be enjoyable, it's hard to recommend Axis & Allies based on that aspect alone, especially since the real-time strategy genre is filled with so many excellent, well-rounded games. The single-player portions of the game are ridiculously easy, even on the hard settings....Simply put, there are much better World War II games on the market, and Axis & Allies board game fans are encouraged to steer clear."

Marines

Reaction score
gobeavs said:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/axisalliesrts/review.html

And a 5 for reviewers tilt....:(

"While the game's multiplayer portion can be enjoyable, it's hard to recommend Axis & Allies based on that aspect alone, especially since the real-time strategy genre is filled with so many excellent, well-rounded games. The single-player portions of the game are ridiculously easy, even on the hard settings....Simply put, there are much better World War II games on the market, and Axis & Allies board game fans are encouraged to steer clear."
RTS games are in my opinion simply that of a twich fest.

I do not plan to purchase A&A and never will.

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was able to simply annihilate every scenario I encountered in the demo. No challenge at all, and the AI left quite a bit to be desired.

Give me the board game and a live opponent any day! ;)

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Only RTS games that worked where the Close Combat Series. All the other I really hate with a vengence.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wodin said:
Only RTS games that worked where the Close Combat Series. All the other I really hate with a vengence.
Age of Empires 2 was a classic...I love that game....

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I just never got into the build and build and more build (whilst being repeatedly attacked by more units than seemed possible to create in the amount of time) then charge with as many units as possible. Yes Im sure there was more to it but I got bored. Its not for me.

Patrocles

Reaction score
gobeavs said:
Age of Empires 2 was a classic...I love that game....
thanks for the post and link to Axis and Allies
yeah, loved AOE2 and Starcraft for the multiplayer

jeffreyLebowski

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wodin said:
i'd have to disagree. for the most part, rts games can get rather tiresome, but there's a few out there that have tried some new ideas. the kohan series, for instance, is a whole new take on the genre that really worked well, and also has a more deliberate, less click-tastic pace. i'm also a fan of 40K Dawn of War, simply because i'm a table top player and the game's focus on combat rather than lame resourcing. close combat, of course, was(is) awesome, i agree with you there.