Awsome new VASL Voice Chat server.,, FREE

Doc Ozzie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Greetings,

I have set up a TeamSpeak server. Feel free to download the free software and listen in and/or make your VASL experience a lot more enjoyable.

GOTO: www.teamspeak.org and download the teamspeak client

After installing and running the teamspeak client;

Select Connection, then Connect.

Fill the following information
Label: (whatever you want )
Server Address: enter the following IP: 209.190.100.30(This is a static IP, and the server is on a T1)
NickName: (the name you want to be known as)

Select Anonymous

The password is : asl4u

After you finally get logged on to Teamspeak you will be in the Main Room. Click on the "Self" from the menu item and select "Register with server". This will allow you to use the various 'ASL Rooms' so you will not have cross-conversations.

Then after you successfully self-registered, Right click on your username in TeamSpeak and select 'Auto-Voice'. This will enable you to speak.

When you re-connect in the future.. be sure to unselect 'Anonymous' and select "Registered" and supply your Login Name and User Password you registered yourself as.

This has been the best voice application that I have personally found, and it is free! We have found that some users may need to increase the input of the mic. Also, background noise and noise over your speakers cause some feedback. To combat this, I recommend a unit(earpiece/mouthpiece) that has the speakers on your ears with an attached mouth mic. This has been the best clarity results.

I am also on MSN Messanger Screen Name: Toedwy
Send me a message if your having trouble. Or email me at toedwy@columbus.rr.com

See ya there

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The Dead Presidents gaming clan that I'm in has been using Teamspeak for the past couple of years and it's been great. We've had well over a dozen members in there at the same time. They're really a sick bunch of folks. :)

Thanks for putting one of these up, as I much prefer it over other voice communication alternatives.

If it's OK with you, I put up the following page for future reference:

http://www.tuline.com/board/doc_ozzie.htm

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That sounds great atuline! please do.

Also, I recently hooked a nice gentleman named 'mpingley aka Mark' into using Teamspeak. He wants to know who else will play him using VASL and Teamspeak. Send emails to: mpingley@aol.com for a ASL game.

Currently the server is running strong, outstanding clarity, and an unbelievable change in your VASL experience. Teamspeak Voice has increased my VASL gaming speed significantly.

I Have some server settings I need to configure. Allowing people to create their own voice rooms, instead of the static voice rooms that are there.

Also, I got an email asking if I was trying to replace VASL.. That is not what this server is... This voice server is simply a VOICE application that allows people to log on to my server and create their own Voice rooms or hang out in the main room to use Voice over IP. You speak and play VASL using VASL 4.0.

If you have any furhter questions, feel free to email me at: toedwy@columbus.rr.com

Doc Ozzie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I moved the teamspeak server to a T1.

The current Static IP is 209.190.100.30

Much better quality there with the T1. If your on dial up though.. YOu will not have the best quality as a cable modem.

If you already signed up on the prior server, you will need to repeat the process again.. Sorry about that.

See ya there.

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
TeamSpeak

Painless to get it fired up and running! I couldn't believe it. Even getting to listen is more fun! :D

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello,

If your a registered user you can create your own channels :)

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Awesome application, painless install, 2 thumbs up.

Very cool indeed!

da priest

Reaction score
Tried to Register, but I come on the interface as unregistered. Tried to register again it said was already registered, but showed me as unregistered.

Also tried to click on Auto-Voice, but it is greyed out.

What's up wid dat?

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
da priest said:
Tried to Register, but I come on the interface as unregistered. Tried to register again it said was already registered, but showed me as unregistered.

Also tried to click on Auto-Voice, but it is greyed out.

What's up wid dat?
It's probably heard of your antics on ASLML.

:)

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What's up wid dat?

I will help you, send me a message when your on VASL or around and I will help you get it set up correctly.

Be sure to put in your UserID and new Password you chose to register yourself as, and Sign in that way..

Otherwise, I will help you when your around.

Doc

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Voice server will be down until further notice.

I may need to consider other options of where to host it. If anyone is interested please send me an email.

HoB! are interested in hosting a voice VASL server?

georgekellerman

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow

Wow Doc what has happened? I hope nothing that those of us using the server caused?

Thanks for your effort! We all loved the voice!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As an option, and a distant cousin to teamspeak, players can use Yahoo or MSN messenger. It would require buddying up, an IM, and then turning on the voice chat. Other players could not drop in and listen without joining the chat room. Cumbersome but workable.

BTW, what is the cost for the hosting. Perhaps a fee for membership and use would be appropriate.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Try this alternative free teamspeak.

69.136.82.168:8767

Appears to have good sound transmission and is listed as FREE. :D

Doc Ozzie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
*pffft* MSN, Yahoo is subpar compared to teamspeak.

Teamspeak is free, it is just a matter of having it hosted somewhere.

I am setting up a machine to have it run from my home server, (which is not a T1) but we should still be fine with the amount of users on it,, which has been from 10-20 at one time.

I will re-post the IP tonight when it is up and running.

Unforunately, you may have to register yourself again unless I can figure out how to use the database you regularly logged in as.

Matt aka Doc Ozzie