avitar's

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
To get an Avatar working you need to have some webspace (i.e. your homepage) and place your image there.
Then go to update your profile and at the bottom you see the Avatar box that is asking for an url.
Here you place the path to your file (i.e. http://www.myhomepage.com/images/me.gif) The Gif or JPG should be no larger than 80 x 80 pixels.
Ciao

Klaus

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If anybody needs a place to host their avatar pic I'd be happy to do it for them. Email me the pic you want to use (I can even resize it if needed) and I'll send you the url that I post it at (I have a page just for my avatars on my website).

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi-

I just went to the Ft Leonardwoods home page and took my avatar from there.

Scott

jserrano

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Web-art stealing

Hi Klaus,

I took one of your designs from your web page, modified it a bit, and saved it in a friends site to experiment with this avatar thingy. I know the art is your property and I haven't asked you permission to tinker with your work. Please let me know whether I should stop using your art or place some specific credit in my sig line.

Sorry for the "stealing", it is so easy nowadays to use someone elses work in the Net that we forget it is not ours to play with.

José (Patentprüfer, really)

(Avatar image based on an original copyrighted by Fischers-Design-Shop and modified and used without permission)

Klaus Fischer

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
José,

unfortunately I can't see your Avatar :(
Well, let me see what you're doing with my stuff and most likely you'll get my OK - usually I'm pretty easy if I'm asked :)
Ciao

Klaus

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

I never heard this term and asumed it meant an image of some kind associated with your name.

I lokke dup the term in GOOGLE and this was the response at the top of the list:

"Avatar is a private non-profit educational and social club established in 1983 for gay men with an interest in BDSM. "

I assume that is not the definition used in the context of this forum

:cool: :lol:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Avatars

>I assume that is not the definition used in the context of this forum

An Avatar, as I am sure you saw defined later, is an incarnation of the henotheistic (or monotheistic) creator god from certain Indian religions. For example, for some, the god Krshna is an avatar of Vishnu (some claim the other way around).

Personally, I have always thought Siva (or Shiva) was the coolest of vedic gods.

Roy Connelly

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Love my avatar.

Brian Williams helped me with mine. He offered up some space earlier. Don't know how much he has or how many people he has helped, but mine is much appreciated.

Roy :lol: