Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
da priest said:
Wonder if there is anyway to figure out the ages and SL/ASL experience combination. So we can get a handle on the "Death" of ASL cry. :devil:

a kind of Carter-misery-index(un-employment+inflation) in reverse: age+experience. Your own personal ELR.

mine would be 62(!)

theorectically, someone could have an 'experience level rating' of 100, but I suppose da Priest is one of the highest rated and he's not quite to 100. Right?

Alan

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Milne said:
The VDW being short of members right now...
I think the VFW was formed when there WERE Veterans of Domestic Wars--'Americans' fighting 'Americans'; otherwise, you're right, it'd a silly name.

da priest

Reaction score
alanp said:
a kind of Carter-misery-index(un-employment+inflation) in reverse: age+experience. Your own personal ELR.

mine would be 62(!)

theorectically, someone could have an 'experience level rating' of 100, but I suppose da Priest is one of the highest rated and he's not quite to 100. Right?

Alan
Hmmmm...interesting idea. I wouldn't be in 90s yet, but I know a Grog's grog who would be at 97!

da priest

Reaction score
Interesting that the largest group here is the 30-40 yo group. Would have been 3-13 yo when SL came out!

This is also the group that is usually considered to have the largest disposable income! They'll need it for the rest of ASL and the tourneys they'll be attending. :cheeky:

Based on the distribution of ages, looks like we're solid as an "adult" hobby for the next 10-20 years at least.

Makes ya feel warm and fuzzy don't it. :cool:

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well everything I have ever been told about our hobby is born out by the poll results we have thus far.

Almost all of us are over 30, and most of the under 40 are considered "younguns" :)

At 42, I am at the mid point of the over all group but just old enough to be in the "older" group, and still at the young end of the older group.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Don't be hehe, one of the most mature persons I know is 21.

And one of the least willing to grow up is 44.

Age is often just time put in :)

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
switch_back said:
Im only 20, I feel so shadowed by the wiser on the board :D

There are people who keep such good/copious records of their ASL play that they could tell you the scenario they were playing on the day you were born! ;) :nuts:

Alan

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Elsewhere on the forum I've been bemoaning the lack of UK get-togethers among ASL players, especially compared with the sort of 'community' that seems to exist in most NorAm cities/regions. Yet I reckon that the UK has a much lower-than-average age for ASL players. I remember when something similar was done on the ASLML a few years back, Ben and I came in amongst the youngest. And Switchback trumps us both by a fair few years :)

da priest

Reaction score
Alright noobs and lurkers, it is the Forum, and ASLML dead week. Posts will dwindle to nothing and we, the stay at homes, will be sans posts to feed the hunger.:shock:

Happens at this time every year, we have to live with it, unless we get to go to the Gathering.:cry:

So to make it easy(I've noticed a bunch of new names on the Forum, who probably didn't vote on this poll) just vote, the changing numbers will give us something to watch.:D

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
da priest said:
Alright noobs and lurkers, it is the Forum, and ASLML dead week. Posts will dwindle to nothing and we, the stay at homes, will be sans posts to feed the hunger.:shock:

Happens at this time every year, we have to live with it, unless we get to go to the Gathering.:cry:

So to make it easy(I've noticed a bunch of new names on the Forum, who probably didn't vote on this poll) just vote, the changing numbers will give us something to watch.:D
I figured moving half way across the country toward Cleveland you'd make an ASLOK....

I mean I'm going from Colorado.

da priest

Reaction score
Jazz said:
I figured moving half way across the country toward Cleveland you'd make an ASLOK....
Ya hit a sore point here...was planning to. My "wonderful" in-laws decided they would move this week, and needed my family's help.:shock:

Peace in the family and all that cr..errr..stuff.:mad:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
da priest said:
Ya hit a sore point here...was planning to. My "wonderful" in-laws decided they would move this week, and needed my family's help.:shock:

Peace in the family and all that cr..errr..stuff.:mad:
High price to pay for domestic tranquility.....I wuz hoping to get to play you.

Mayhaps next year? I mean, how often do they move?