Available Games

Reaction score
I just thought I'd post a few thoughts on the games available, in case you aren't familiar with them.

Napoleonic Games:

Campaign Eckmuhl:
While it is the first of the games in this series, remember John Tiller's practice of keeping games "patched up". As such, with the expection of a few things added in Waterloo, Eckmuhl has all the same features as the others. I fully expect the new features (weather in particular) to be added in the next patch.

This game features a deep and immersive campaign, as you work your way back and forth across Bavaria, as well as a massive 500+ turn scenario on a single map with most of Bavaria. A great variety of small to medium scenarios, as well as a few larger ones. While the least recognizable campaign, an excellent starting point.

Napoleon's Russian Campaign: This is not the Talonsoft Borodino game all over again. There is a far greater variety of scenarios, not only Borodino, but many other actions, like Gorodetchna, Saltanovka, and the crossing of the Berezina. If you like your battles massive, this is the way to go.

Campaign Wagram: Features the two massive battles of Wagram and Aspern-Essling. Bill Peters is very good about fiddling and upgrades with this title. A great, old fashioned, straight ahead slugfest.

Campaign Waterloo: Brand new, so I have very little experience, but so far, looks very good, with some nice enhancements. Great maps, though I'm a bit irked with all the tree lined roads. What is up with these Belgians :p

EAW Games: If you aren't familiar with these games, they use a similiar system, but adapted for company scale.

1776: Pretty much what you would expect. A massive number of scenarios. All the biggies, and Rich has a bunch of user made scenarios for it as well.

1812: An overlooked war, and an overlooked game. So many fun scenarios. Lundy's Lane, Chippawa, Fort Erie, Horseshow Bend.

FIW: Not only does it have the primary battles of the French and Indian War, but Rich also added a large campaign, with battles of more than 10,000 men on a side (which at this scale is like Borodino or Wagram).

What does the future hold? Only time will tell :laugh:

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've got them all except Waterloo. I just finished playing a PBEM game in Eckhmul, well almost finished. An excellent scenario (Cornered was the title). PLayed the French against the Austrians.

Of course, I love 1812 just for being able to recreate the thunderous and numerous defeats the British and Canadian fencibles handed to the US!! :D

Reaction score
dannybou said:
Of course, I love 1812 just for being able to recreate the thunderous and numerous defeats the British and Canadian fencibles handed to the US!! :D
My lads are always sitting around at Chippawa or Lundy's Lane if you want to remember those battles :devil:

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gary McClellan said:
My lads are always sitting around at Chippawa or Lundy's Lane if you want to remember those battles :devil:
Yeah, yeah!!! I can remember far more battles, like Châteauguay, Crysler's farm, Michilimackinac, Detroit, Queenston Heights, Lacolle Mills, need I say more?????? :D

Reaction score
Well, it's not like I mentioned Sackett's Harbor, Fort Meigs, Thames, Fort Erie, Fort George... :laugh:

I do believe we have a PBEM brewing.

Any thought of scenario?

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Gary McClellan said:
Well, it's not like I mentioned Sackett's Harbor, Fort Meigs, Thames, Fort Erie, Fort George... :laugh:

I do believe we have a PBEM brewing.

Any thought of scenario?
Well how about Lundy's Lane, the US claimed victory but so did the British so a draw?? In any event, let me load War of 1812 on my PC and let me know if LL is a go.

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
dannybou said:
I've got them all except Waterloo. I just finished playing a PBEM game in Eckhmul, well almost finished. An excellent scenario (Cornered was the title). PLayed the French against the Austrians.
Hey Danny, are you familiar with that Monty Python movie "Quest for the Holy Grail"? It has this great bit where King Arthur duels with a mean-looking, feroucious sounding Black Night. He proceeds to chop his limbs (albeit reluctantly) until the Blakc Knight is notjing but a torso and a head. Still, he keeps trying to put a fight and taunts poor Arthur... :laugh: :laugh:

After our scrap, I'm that Knight :D

Guys, be careful with Danny. He doesn't roar, but he can chew :laugh:

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Alright Garry, I'm on the graveyard tonight and tomorrow, so I should be able to send a turn during the day. I think the US plays first so you can send your first turn at this email:

lindadanny AT aei DOT ca

That is I am assuming you want to play the USA???? :D

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Pirimeister said:
Hey Danny, are you familiar with that Monty Python movie "Quest for the Holy Grail"? It has this great bit where King Arthur duels with a mean-looking, feroucious sounding Black Night. He proceeds to chop his limbs (albeit reluctantly) until the Blakc Knight is notjing but a torso and a head. Still, he keeps trying to put a fight and taunts poor Arthur... :laugh: :laugh:

After our scrap, I'm that Knight :D

Guys, be careful with Danny. He doesn't roar, but he can chew :laugh:
But that's your fault!!!! You never corner a Frenchman from Québec unless you want to lose an arm.... was a great scenario. If you want your revenge, let me know and we can have another.