Australian Banzai charge

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tomorrow evening, my regular oppo and I will be playing ASL SCENARIO AP164 "Sparrow Force"...looks good.
But...the Commonwealth set up includes 3 dm MTR ( 51mm )...

There are two varieties, 2-8 and 2-11. I've gone with 2-11, but is that right for a Feb '42 scenario?

More importantly...

SSR state ;Once per turb....Australians may conduct one Banzai charge ( G1.5)as if Japanese...

To me that means - all Australian MMC have their morale upped 1 during a bayonet/Banzai charge - Australian leaders stacked with MMC up their morale by one ....SMC failing MC take wound checks....Commisar rules apply with leaders....Lax ( not stealthy ) , and finally....Australians don't "stripe"...?

TIA

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
You apply the Banzai charge as if Australians were Japanese.
But they don't become Japanese and the SSR doesn't tell you to apply all rules pertaining to the Japanese.
Otherwise, the reference would not be G1.5, but G1 as a whole.
SMC not breaking and squads striping has nothing to do with Banzai.

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know the scenario, but the one with 2-8 range is the airborn version and isn't available until 6/44.

A Banzai charge is like a Human Wave except it can be done with fewer units (including just 1). Other than the specific differences in G1.5 it is just a Human Wave.

I'm not sure what you mean by Commissar rules? They don't apply to Japanese in a Banzai change although a version does apply Japanese leaders at all times. The same is true of striping.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The 2-8 mortar is the Airborne version.
The 2-11 is the one you use.
See British ordnance note 1.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Tomorrow evening, my regular oppo and I will be playing ASL SCENARIO AP164 "Sparrow Force"...looks good.
But...the Commonwealth set up includes 3 dm MTR ( 51mm )...

There are two varieties, 2-8 and 2-11. I've gone with 2-11, but is that right for a Feb '42 scenario?
The OB shows a dismantled 51mm MTR - only the 2-11 version can be dismantled.