Australia in flames

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Given that whole of the Congo is under fire, I am really pessimistic as to the future - Australia pales in comparison. Really, potential Middle-East conflict is the least of global problems. I do not fear the flood, I fear that we'll end up in an oven in a decade or two.

Herbert's Arrakis seems like a healthy alternative for colonization. I don't know how much of that is press-panicking to making more views, but it looks really apocalyptic.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Paul Joseph Watson................he uses the same barber and beard stylist as Justin Trudeau....so , I am willing to believe him.

You don't mean the Alex Jones who exposed Epstein 8 years before anyone else ................especially the 26 visits by Billy boy and 6 visits by Hillary on the Lollita Express to his Island of Sin; whereas Unky Donald took one flight on his private jet from his club in Florida to New York as a courtesy, and upon finding out about his activities towards young girls at his club , banned him for life......................Not that Alex Jones...............who also exposed billy boy's illegitimate son who looks just as big a Dufus as his Pa.....you do not need a genetic test for colloboration on that.....I could go on but I have to style my facial hair ala Paul Joseph Watson.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

" Aaaaaaaw ! poor lickle baby kangaroo......it's been saved from being burnt alive; it's lost it's Mummy and Daddy and been rescued. This is definitely because of climate change just like in California.. I will never eat meat ever again.............I am soooo distraught at millions of cute furry creatures being lost."

Meanwhile in the real World outside of the California mind -Dome Bubble:

" Aaaaaaaaaaaw ! Meeese goes for a wee behinds a bush and mee comes back to find me lunch has gone . It was already half cooked; all mee had to do was shove it in mee face. I bet it was a stoopid white climate activist Drongo. Meese and my pals have been spearing furry creatures hereabouts for thousands of years.......the cute furry ones makes good eating......weese musta killed tens of millions of em........nothin te doo wid climate change...............".

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/ab-australia.html

Meanwhile in the Real/Real World .......................there is silence from the climate activists and Califirnia mind bubble ???????/ The caption to the Instagram picture has the word - Baby Kangaroo saved from flames by Hero. I wonder what the person saving tens of thousands of non-small furry Australian creatures called - Human Babies...........will be called ....?????......

In the video ; look closely at Jennifer Aniston's eyes...................creepy or what !.....

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
I'm a linguist by education and (I think) a fairly non-dumb guy - and I didn't understand a word from that post...

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Though he claims to be from England, he must have Texan blood in him as he espouses the Texan outlook that the Earth is made for us by some sky father to walk upon and shit on.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

" I ain't much for open borders ; Mister.........I guess there be some who would consider us lunatics fer standing alone against a formidable force........knowing we were gonna die.................but we be God fearing Texicans.................and maybe people will remember who we were and what we done.............Spiiiiiiiit !..........".
I guess the fear of a few God -fearing Texicans who fought at the Alamo still resides in the souls of some., even to this day....................................................Goooood !

Lie asleep in the arms of the Lord...
In the southern part of Texas
Near the town of San Antone
Like a statue on his pinto rides a cowboy all alone
And he sees the cattle grazing where a century before
Santa Anna's guns were blazing and the cannons used to roar
And his eyes turn sorta misty
And his heart begins to glow
And he takes his hat off slowly...

To the men of Alamo.
To the thirteen DAYs of Glory
At the siege of Alamo...🤞...........Amen to that ....

Don't you just love Americana.............What little boy when watching the film or reading the story would not give his bag of gummy bears to have stood with Texans.................I guess not all... I wonder how many people of Irish descent fought there ????????.................Spiiit !....

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I consider myself Super- Smart Marialanus; hence my ability to speak Aboriginal Australian/English which Google translate does not like.....add sarcasm to that and the translation may not come across well for a non -native English speaker.

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
Country
llPoland
Maybe he's just advertising acid, dunno.

Back to the topic: I spoke with a friend, a hydrologist, and he said that there's actually a chance that the smoke from fires, if large enough, will isolate the Earth from Sun and thus cool the planet - same thing supposedly happened few times during past 200 years after a volcano eruption, and ended with a year without a summer few times.

The drawback of this model is that he's man-made climate change denier, so I have no idea whether or not this theory is somekind possible/relevant to the situation - i.e., is this real geological knowledge, or just loony science-themed bs.

Last edited:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I'd be a bit dubious about that comparison. While there are volcanos that produce large amount of black ash (eg Hawaii), most is in the range of light grey to medium grey. That can reflect decent amount of sunlight. Soot, mainly fine carbon, being black absorbs light (and thus energy) rather than reflecting. In addition there are many, many orders of magnitude difference between the volume of solids that even a small volcanic eruption can eject and stay in the atmosphere compared to even the worst wildfires.

The "Year without a Summer" (1816) was particularly bad because of a number of things. There had been 5 other major eruptions since 1808 before the 1815 Tambora eruption. The atmosphere already was carrying a fair load of dust before Tambora blew. Tambora's 100 cubic kilometres load, Volcanic Explosive Index of 7, was the biggest in some 1600 years. Krakatoa was rated at VEI 6 in comparison. Add to that the sun was going through one of its minimum part of it's many output cycles (Dalton Minimum). You need a really, really big mothafucker to do that much reflection. Wildfires barely register.

Last edited:

RandyT0001

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I consider myself Super- Smart Marialanus; hence my ability to speak Aboriginal Australian/English which Google translate does not like.....add sarcasm to that and the translation may not come across well for a non -native English speaker.
Adding the sarcasm is the confusing part. If you write it and we don't get the sarcasm because you appear as a non-native speaker then you need to dumb it down for us, we all love a good laugh. Use complete sentences so we can follow your arguments as they relate to climate change and the fires in Australia. Personal and group insults are verboden.

aiabx

Same as it ever was
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Maybe he's just advertising acid, dunno.

Back to the topic: I spoke with a friend, a hydrologist, and he said that there's actually a chance that the smoke from fires, if large enough, will isolate the Earth from Sun and thus cool the planet - same thing supposedly happened few times during past 200 years after a volcano eruption, and ended with a year without a summer few times.
The problem here is that we may get a year or two reprieve from warming due to a blanket of ash, but no reduction of CO2 in the atmosphere and probably an extra increase. Which means once the ash and soot settles, warming resumes at an accelerated rate.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
https://www.newsweek.com/china-makes-it-rain-weather-control-network-twice-size-texas-922050

( Another shout out for Texas - loooove it ! ).

Let me see now.........because of Global warming...........we have HOT ! HOT ! HOT ! ....wombat baking Hot.....that makes sense.....and now we have severe flooding in Australia with snow yesterday outside Sydney and hailstones the size of golf-balls raining down.............and flooding rain............so it is rainy and cold........................within a short space of time...........no doubt tens of millions of dead animals were not breathing and letting out CO2...................so that must be the glitch...............Yep ! that makes sense..............11659