Attention: requests for runs/money/etc

Do you agree with this?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont know / other (explain in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

D3adkl0wn

..your own personal Jesus
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have to write this (and i'm sorry but its gonna sound mean) because it seems that a lot of the lower level guild members (not all, but a lot) are under the assumption that players like myself have nothing better to do than to give them gold, buy them gear, run them thru instances, and in general cater to their every desire..

this is simply not true.. yes, I have reached the max level for the game, and spend alot of time farming for both gold and materials, but that doesnt mean that i am (or any other high level guildmate) is at your beckon call for what ever you might feel the need to do. if i can help (if time allows, and i'm not busy, etc.. ) sure i'll help.

its not an issue when a guildie asks me once for a run (or gold, or free gear), but if i decline and they keep it up, pestering me about it.. well, then it gets old.. fast.

when i started playing i got a few runs from a RL friend who plays the game, however i never asked for these runs, and i have never asked anyone for a run... i got my gear (and my levels) the old fashioned way i.e., GETTING GROUPS and DOING QUESTS... most of the fun in a MMORPG is interacting with random people or other people in your guild who are doing the same quests/runs as you are.. getting runs doesn't make you a better player, it just makes you a nub in fancy gear.

as i said, this may seem a lil harsh, but it needs to be said all the same...

so in the future, ask once, and if you are declined, move on, cause bugging us over and over isn't gonna help you out any... we've worked hard for the gold we have, you can do the same... we've earned the gear and skills we posses, you can do that too.. and we've earned the right to play in peace w/o being hounded for stuff simply cause we are in the top 10 levels of the game, so do yourselves a favor and go play the game instead of wanting others to play it for you.

Last edited:

Oobie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I agree. Way too many lower levels practically begging for run-thrus. Imho, you don't even need em unless you're making a BG twink, as you'll out level the gear soon enough anyway.

With me, the more you ask, the less chance there is I'll help.

Ask a few times in guild chat, but don't spam the requests. Spread them out as guild chat is easily missed, but don't sit there for an hour constantly asking when you could have easily taken that time to get your own group.

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I so agree, and tired of the guilt trips layed on me when I can't or decline to-do a run. Alot seem to think it's our JOB as founders/officer's to give them "runs" on demand, Well its not! We will help out when we can, But we just can't everytime we are asked.

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I totally agree. Thee are a few members that ask me for a run *everytime* I log in. There was one guy that actually got mad that I said no... I was already doing a run, and told him so, and he was upset with me!

I also have never asked for a run. You know what will get you noticed, and see us offer runs? Try to get groups in guild (not runs!) And we notice that. Most of the time, you'll manage to get a group together. And when you can't, and aren't having success, well, we see that too! That's my favorite time to offer a run - I see someone that has been trying (patiently!) to get a group together, and hasn't had alot of luck. So I jump in (sometimes) and say I'll come too. And no one had to beg for it!

And the absolute worst is those that join the guild, and within ten seconds, they want 40g for their mount, demand 8 netherweave bags, and a run through SM - Lib... SHEESH!

D3adkl0wn

..your own personal Jesus
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
And the absolute worst is those that join the guild, and within ten seconds, they want 40g for their mount, demand 8 netherweave bags, and a run through SM - Lib... SHEESH!
Ha! indeed..

i also find it funny that any of the times that i've been bored to tears and offered runs thru RFC, SM: Lib.. there were no takers. yet 20 min later when i'm doing something i'll get asked to go there.. lol

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Benic - perhaps you should edit the title of this thread (tell me if you don't have enough access) so that it includes 'requests for runs/money/etc'?

What we really need to do is to create a series of text that answers all the various questions that members will ask, and post it accordingly. I'm gonna wander off to the Junior Officer's Forum, and we can get the ball rolling in there!

Sloko

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
bravo ! i agree 100% ive tried to get groups together but get no takers yet 10 min later people are asking for runs to the very place i wanted to go maybe im just not high enough in lvl to make it easy for them IDK i play the game for the challange of getting there on my own not for it to be easy if it was i woudnt be playing:blab:

Citis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like how in City of Heroes you can actually adjust your level up or down to go with a friend on an instance. if you go up, you get more experiance, although have fewer powers. If you go down, you earn double money and pay off any experiance debt you have.

Remo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Somebody run me, please! Now! I've already asked twice!

:mad:
WILL PAY 1,297g FOR A RUN THROUGH ORGRIMMAR!! PST IF INTERESTED!

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There's a topic we need to get back on, I had a guildie tell me again this last week that is our jobs to do runs... I dont mind helping out, But if it was my job to run every guildie that asked me to, I would NEVER get to play for myself.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Never get to play for ourselves? Man, I'd have to quit my job and hook up a coffee-I.V.

:nuts:

It is not our job to do runs. Members need to understand this. If someone runs you, they are doing you a favor. And people will get better results if they keep this in mind when they decide how to ask.

I have done *alot* of runs. What I really don't understand, however, is why someone would prefer that over getting a group together and actually completing the instance themselves. Then at least you have a sense of accomplishment - you *earned* those toys!

Beeyatch

Senior Guild Founder
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Right, But like said somewhere above, We need to try to get this point threw...lol
And your the gm, So have fun;) LOLOLOL

Toneboogie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Another problem is when people ask in Guild Chat:

"Who can run me through SM - GY?"

So noone answers and they get pissed as well and say "This guild sucks... nobody talks to you!"

Wasn't the question asked in a way that only illicits a response from people who are interested in taking them on the run.... rather than everyone who is online who isn't going to take them up on it saying "Sorry, I can't"? :)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I am most inclined to do runs for people when I see this kind of thing:

"Looking for group for SM-Lib" (gets little or no repsonse)

(later)

"LFG for SM Lib" (Still end up with a partial group)

(later)

"Need 2 more - SM Lib"...

Response from me -> "I've ssen you having a bit of difficulty getting a full group together for your quests through SM Lib, I've got a bit of time free if you'd like some help"...

zalan.reilly

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llAlgeria
I have to write this (and i'm sorry but its gonna sound mean) because it seems that a lot of the lower level guild members (not all, but a lot) are under the assumption that players like myself have nothing better Nox Vidmate VLC to do than to give them gold, buy them gear, run them thru instances, and in general cater to their every desire..

this is simply not true.. yes, I have reached the max level for the game, and spend alot of time farming for both gold and materials, but that doesnt mean that i am (or any other high level guildmate) is at your beckon call for what ever you might feel the need to do. if i can help (if time allows, and i'm not busy, etc.. ) sure i'll help.

its not an issue when a guildie asks me once for a run (or gold, or free gear), but if i decline and they keep it up, pestering me about it.. well, then it gets old.. fast.

when i started playing i got a few runs from a RL friend who plays the game, however i never asked for these runs, and i have never asked anyone for a run... i got my gear (and my levels) the old fashioned way i.e., GETTING GROUPS and DOING QUESTS... most of the fun in a MMORPG is interacting with random people or other people in your guild who are doing the same quests/runs as you are.. getting runs doesn't make you a better player, it just makes you a nub in fancy gear.

as i said, this may seem a lil harsh, but it needs to be said all the same...

so in the future, ask once, and if you are declined, move on, cause bugging us over and over isn't gonna help you out any... we've worked hard for the gold we have, you can do the same... we've earned the gear and skills we posses, you can do that too.. and we've earned the right to play in peace w/o being hounded for stuff simply cause we are in the top 10 levels of the game, so do yourselves a favor and go play the game instead of wanting others to play it for you.
I can't or decline to-do a run. Alot seem to think it's our JOB as founders/officer's to give them "runs" on demand, Well its not! We will help out when we can, But we just can't everytime we are asked.

Last edited: