Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
I am working on a cathedral overlay to cover wheat hexes 6AA2 to 6CC4 to use with the graveyard overlay.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Ok, I'm going to apologize to Mark for hijacking his thread a little.

I am working on a third overlay for board 6. I will give a hint as to what it depicts. The overlay will be useful for some islands in and some countries adjacent to the Mediterranean Sea. Any guesses?

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Classical Period Ruins for Board 6 in the Resources section. Too big for posting here.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Ok, I'm going to apologize to Mark for hijacking his thread a little.

I am working on a third overlay for board 6. I will give a hint as to what it depicts. The overlay will be useful for some islands in and some countries adjacent to the Mediterranean Sea. Any guesses?
Treasure Island.

JR

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
out of curiosity guys. How many scenarios have been done using the Steppe rules and those desert boards for east front action. I don't remember any but I ain't exactly hip to modern scenario designs these days.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
out of curiosity guys. How many scenarios have been done using the Steppe rules and those desert boards for east front action. I don't remember any but I ain't exactly hip to modern scenario designs these days.
Considering how much steppe the Germans had to cross, I would propose 'not enough'. 'Not enough' steppe scenarios probably because of reasons why there are few open desert scenarios, too wide open, no concealment terrain, no terrain to maneuver through, very little rally terrain, etc. and few historical accounts of engagements. Most of the battles were staged at towns or larger communities, not collective villages like the one above.

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
desert and steppe scenarios are a bit of an acquired taste......not shared by many East Front lovers.......and not so many accounts of major clashes on open steppe terrain, as far as I know.