Assemble 81mm mortar and change CA

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Didn't take my Prevagen today .. final action in the DFPh - Crew assembles 81mm mortar.. Can the CA of the 81mm be changed after mortar is assembled?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers Berserkers!
Pierce

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only the Russian made BM obr. 37 82mm Mtr (to the best of my knowledge) can change its CA (either by firing or per C3.22) after having established its CA during the assembly process in the same player turn.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Only the Russian made BM obr. 37 82mm Mtr (to the best of my knowledge) can change its CA (either by firing or per C3.22) after having established its CA during the assembly process in the same player turn.
While dm, however, it had no CA (it is in a 1/2" counter form).
So there is no CA change during assembly: CA is simply established.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The unusual capability of the Russian 82mm MTR does not involve the CA. It is that it can fire (once) "in the same phase either prior to becoming dm or after reverting to non-dm status."

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The unusual capability of the Russian 82mm MTR does not involve the CA. It is that it can fire (once) "in the same phase either prior to becoming dm or after reverting to non-dm status."
That is correct, however one can always change a CA with/for a shot or at the end of the Fire Phase without firing if it still retains the ability to fire. I would imagine the circumstances involving a CA change at the end of a Fire Phase in which it has been assembled would be rare but not incomprehensible.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is correct, however one can always change a CA with/for a shot or at the end of the Fire Phase without firing if it still retains the ability to fire. I would imagine the circumstances involving a CA change at the end of a Fire Phase in which it has been assembled would be rare but not incomprehensible.
Only if one prematurely assembled it early in the Fire Phase, then realized later that he wanted to fire it. Should never happen if one handles it correctly.