Assault Movement and smoke attempt

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a stipulation on when the smoke attempt can be made during Assault Movement. After I declare Assault Movement.…

1 Can I assault move first then attempt smoke?
2 Can I attempt smoke first then assault move?

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
You first declare you are moving using Assault Movement. Then you can do things in the MPh as long as you only move one hex and don't spend all your MF.

So you could potentially do the following.
  1. Declare AM.
  2. Spend 1 MF to recover a SW in you hex (assuming that rule is in Stater Kit).
  3. Spend 1 MF to enter e.g., an orchard.
  4. Spend 1 MF to attempt Smoke in your hex.

Warbear

Reaction score
First name
Ernst
Country
llGermany
5. Spend 2 MF to attempt smoke in an adjacent hex and enter another adjacent hex

JCusick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You first declare you are moving using Assault Movement. Then you can do things in the MPh as long as you only move one hex and don't spend all your MF.

So you could potentially do the following.
  1. Declare AM.
  2. Spend 1 MF to recover a SW in you hex (assuming that rule is in Stater Kit).
  3. Spend 1 MF to enter e.g., an orchard.
  4. Spend 1 MF to attempt Smoke in your hex.
Klas,
I just want to make sure I get this right. The Oder of the doing things does not matter correct? Can move first then do things or do things first then move as long as all MFs are not spent?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
5. Spend 2 MF to attempt smoke in an adjacent hex and enter another adjacent hex
Usually you can't do this because you break the conditions for Assault Movement. If you spend two MP to place smoke grenades and at least one MF plus one extra MF for Smoke, then you spent at least four MF, i.e. all MF. If a leader accompanies the move then it is possible.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I just want to make sure I get this right. The Oder of the doing things does not matter correct? Can move first then do things or do things first then move as long as all MFs are not spent?
There are not many restrictions on what you expend MF for (one EXC: loading, unloading) nor the order they are spent when using Assault Movement, as long as you meet the cost restrictions.

JR

Warbear

Reaction score
First name
Ernst
Country
llGermany
Usually you can't do this because you break the conditions for Assault Movement. If you spend two MP to place smoke grenades and at least one MF plus one extra MF for Smoke, then you spent at least four MF, i.e. all MF. If a leader accompanies the move then it is possible.
I wrote: "enter another hex" ...

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Extra things to consider:

1) You don't have to move to a different hex. You could attempt smoke into an adjacent hex for 2 MF and then attempt to pick up a weapon in your current hex for 3 MF total.

2) If you are moving with a leader you can spend up to 5.5 MF and still use AM! Toss smoke into adjacent hex, pick up a weapon, move into grain, pick up another weapon. 5.5!