ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

seawolf72

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Steve
Country
llUnited States
Steve and I played S49, Cooks Clerks and Bazookas. The game went back and forth with the dice as the Germans closed in on the victory buildings. Building S6 gained a reprieve when Steve rolled snakes in close combat, but the Germans retaliated by getting rate of fire with the captured .50 cal, firing into the remaining melee until nobody unbroken remained. The final building was looking tough, but the last mobile German tank charged into the building, bogging in the stone building but preventing the defending American squad from firing at the swarming landsers as they crossed the street. A kind CC roll ended the game, with the last American squad going down at 3-2, minus 1. Fun scenario, well balanced and Steve is a great opponent. Thanks for the game!
Thank you for the game! Your tank move at the end was genius and you totally deserved the win!

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tanks give you so many options. Sure, you can sit there and pound away at some poor infantry unit huddled in a building, but the real fun starts when you use the mobility, smoke making capacity and immunity to small arms to cause havoc on the battlefield. Just make sure you can afford to lose them before sending them off on a fool's errand. There are some great articles on using armor in the ASL Annuals/Journals.

tim-pelican

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Sam and I have finished S2 - War of the Rats this afternoon. Sam's Russian conscripts did a great job of slowing me down long enough for him to get his shock group reinforcements into place. While my Germans controlled the building in F8, and were strongly contesting O6, the Russians had L6 suitably well-fortified that there was no way I was going to crack it in the one remaining turn, and I conceded in the Russian turn 5 (of 6).

Congratulations, and thanks for a very enjoyable game.

Chris NL

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Kevin and i played RPT58 Sikh defiance and it way a killer until the end but kevin won. We made a lot of mistake move's and rule stuff since there was so much going on in the game.
But at the end i needed to kick 1 MMC of the hill and i was to late in my time planning , it was great playing Kevin

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Kevin, it looks like you are the champion of the ASLSK tourney, congratulations. And thanks to everyone who participated, whether for a single match or until the final dice roll, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Coming up next is going to be a ASLSK Ladder, which should allow players to jump in and play a more flexible schedule, playing as much or as little as they want. Kevin and I will be sharing hosting duties, we hope you join us.

tim-pelican

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks for your efforts running the league - I'll look out for the ladder, and hope to find some time to play in 2019!

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone who wants to find ASLSK games to play can join the Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit Facebook group. We are 1200+ players, so posting that you are looking for a game is a good way to find someone. It is a VERY active group as well.