ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
jfardette, I have exchanged emails with Amanda and Kevin about getting a game in but unfortunately due to time zone differences and scheduling difficulties we haven't started with anything.

I think its time I play someone else instead. Please assign me another player for this round.
Vlad...what time of the day do you play?
I could be up for a game with you.
You are 16hrs ahead of me.
If we play on the weekend I can start midafternoon or so...that would be your next day dinner time 7pm around there.
LMK

Oddly enough, its easier to play with Asian time zones than in my own country where everyone goes to bed when I get home from work.
PST in the US

conscriptvlad

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Hi Stephen, I usually play during weekday nights or weekend morning or afternoon my time. Any chance we can play during your afternoon 4pm / my night time 8pm during the weekdays?

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello Stewart,

Hopefully you and Vlad can connect for a game. Do you plan to stick around after and join our league? We'd love to have you join us, the more the merrier.

Jim

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK folks, sorry we dropped communications when GameSquad malf'ed their server or whatever it was that took the site down. Just a week to get the second round wrapped up, so please get those results posted ASAP.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
David Garvin and I played our match. S24, Sherman Marches West. My Germans malf'd the 50L AT gun on its first shot, which caused me to fail my Personal 2MC and misplay my Tiger tank. At the start of Axis 2 it was looking pretty bleak for them. Then the AT gun repaired and took out two Shermans and acquired a third with its rear armor facing it. The Tiger maneuvered to drop a key hex of smoke then rolled into position to challenge two Shermans up on the lower left hill. The smoke hex allowed the Pz III to slide by those Shermans and get into position to interdict the charging Russian infantry. When the dust cleared at the end of the Allied turn 3 There were 5 dead Shermans (the 6th having been killed by a Critical Hit from the Tiger when it needed something like a 3 TH) and a dead Tiger. David executed a fine tactic to send a 9-1 and 628 up adjacent to the Tiger BEFIRE he moved his Shermans. I could do nothing because I needed all my weapons to be able to pivot around as the Shermans tried to encircle me for a rear or side shot point blank kill. We called the game in favor of my Germans at that point.

Key lessons included:

1) NEVER let yourself fail a PMC!

2) Things can turn around in the blink of an eye!

3) Broken weapons may not stay broken. Plan for that!

4) If you have Sherman tanks you must be thinking SMOKE/WP at every moment of every turn!

5) If you are going to take a safe, circuitous route with some of your forces, make sure you check how long it will take them to get into position to go after the Victory Conditions.

If anyone gets an opportunity to play David you MUST! He is a wonderful, knowledgeable, FUN opponent.

Kaiax33

Reaction score
First name
Kai
Country
llUnited States
I had forgotten about this, so I'm fine with taking a forfeit to Tim for Round 2. Since he's in the UK, getting our match in before 10/31 will be near impossible, and since I'm the reason for the delay, the issue lies with me.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello everyone. I am still waiting for results from some of the matches and have not heard anything yet. Please let me know where you stand, even if you were unable to finish. Please reply by 11/9 (Friday) and confirm you wish to continue and seek a 3rd round opponent, even if you were unable to complete your second round game.

Littabean vs PJH?
Cepierce vs Littadoot?
ConscriptVlad vs Stewart?
Seawolf72 vs Eduardordzso?

I will wait until Friday before I start assigning next round matches, but since ChrisNL and TheSQLGuru both have identical 2-0 records, you two are matched up in the next round and can go ahead and get started.

tim-pelican

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Thanks Kaiax33, very sporting of you - hopefully schedules will allow us to have a game at some point in the future.

I'm still interested in a round 3 game, please.

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm going to opt out this time around; I have too many PBeM games going and entering a busy stretch with holidays. Good luck!

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well judging by the lack of response on those second round games, I have to conclude that many of you are not interested in continuing in this little exercise. I'm still willing to run this with those who want to keep playing, but before I assign any more matches I ask that you please post a message here stating that you are in.

Tim has stated he wants another game. Dave, how about you? Kaiax? Anyone else?

Sam987

Reaction score
Country
ll
I’m still interested. I enjoyed my game against Chris (even though he decisively beat me!)

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, looks like an odd number remaining for those moving on to the final round. Maybe one of the earlier contestants will reenter the fray. Until then, Tim Pelican and Sam987 are matched up. Seawolf72 is on deck, and has the option of either waiting for an opponent or I will be willing to play against him. Von Garvin, you played the first two rounds so maybe you are up for one more?

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Count me in too please. And I need to find the setting to make sure I get emails for posts to this thread...

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Steve and I played S49, Cooks Clerks and Bazookas. The game went back and forth with the dice as the Germans closed in on the victory buildings. Building S6 gained a reprieve when Steve rolled snakes in close combat, but the Germans retaliated by getting rate of fire with the captured .50 cal, firing into the remaining melee until nobody unbroken remained. The final building was looking tough, but the last mobile German tank charged into the building, bogging in the stone building but preventing the defending American squad from firing at the swarming landsers as they crossed the street. A kind CC roll ended the game, with the last American squad going down at 3-2, minus 1. Fun scenario, well balanced and Steve is a great opponent. Thanks for the game!