ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

tim-pelican

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I'm interested, but...

-I've only really played PBEM so far (game #6 underway), not live, and I think my play is somewhat slow at the moment
-I'm in the UK, and working full time, so I'd need to find a slot that works between weekends and the odd UK-evening, and mostly-US players, maybe splitting a game into a couple of sessions.
-I've only played from SK1 so far, so guns and vehicles will be new to me. I have SK3, EP1 and DaE, so I have those rules available, I just haven't tackled them in anger yet.

Happy to learn as I go along, but I don't know if those make me too much of a liability.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tim, we have several players who have offered to assist newer players already signed up, so you should be fine. I have played a good number of VASL matches against people around the world, and as long as you have a reliable internet connection you won't have any problems. You will need Skype for voice chat. Let me know for sure if you are in, as you represent the magic 8th participant we have been waiting for.

Littledoot

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
I've participated in a couple of VASL League tournaments and really enjoyed the chance to meet new players and play scenarios that I haven't tried before. I am looking to pay it forward now, but since the big boys have things well in hand for regular ASL, I thought I'd check here to see if there is any interest at the Starter Kit Level.
I would like to join if possible I have access to most starter kit stuff thanks to my dad (vinnie) I have skype but tend towards disord more but I am away for two weeks starting the 9th as a side not my robot did win a prize. It was the best designed.

Last edited:

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would like to join if possible I have access to most starter kit stuff thanks to my dad (vinnie) I have skype but tend towards disord more but I am away for two weeks starting the 9th as a side not my robot did win a prize. It was the best designed.
Well first off, welcome to GameSquad and welcome to the ASLSK Friendly League. You are the eighth member and now that I have the minimum number we will get started. It doesn't matter to me whether you use Skype or Discord, whatever works best is fine with me. I haven't used Discord myself but I have heard it works just fine. And congrats on the prize winning robot!

Last edited:

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We have eight so let's get started. I will send out the match ups tomorrow. I will continue to take new contestants as they appear and match you up with willing opponents. While I ask that the first round of matches be complete and reported by August 31, if you finish up sooner I will do my best to give you another game right away. Here is some basic guidance for the league.

Rule 1- this is a fun league, intended to introduce newer players to VASL and Starter Kit play. Please keep this in mind and treat others as you would want to be treated. We have a couple of younger players so please keep that in mind both during play and with any posts to this forum.

...and that's it for now. Once I assign opponents, reach out to each other in a timely manner, find a scenario that you both agree on, pick sides and start playing. Please post a comment here when you start, telling me which scenario you picked and who has which side. Lots of folks are interested so don't be shy about giving updates on the action. When it's all over, post the final results and I will set up your next game. If I can help you in any way, let me know either by posting to this thread or sending me a private message.

Good luck and have fun!

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First Round matches - Roll low!

TheSQLguru vs Kaiax33
The SQLguru's daughter (sorry, don't know a better name) vs. Cepierce
Rooster2k vs. CDR G.
Conscriptvlad vs. Cassinator
Von Garvin vs. Tim-Pelican

I will continue to accept new members and assign matches as players become available.

Last edited:

conscriptvlad

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Thanks for matching us up!

How do I get in touch with Cassinator? I don't see her gamesquad account at all

Vlad

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A question came up about email contacts. I have sent each of you a message on the GameSquad conversation feature, but if you prefer email contact then please send me your GameSquad name, real name and preferred email address. Using the GameSquad conversation feature is a bit clunky, but it works. To reach out to your opponent, start a new conversation and type in that person's GameSquad name.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oooh, are there actually TWO females in this party of 8? That is very cool.

TheSQLGuru's daughter's name is Amanda. Cepierce, send me a PM with your contact info and I can get you two in touch.

conscriptvlad

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
if anyone needs VASL file for your scenario let me know I have S1-61 as well as several others. Just send me an email
That will come in handy! I would like to request for those VASL files. I will send you my email thru private message.

Kaiax33

Reaction score
First name
Kai
Country
llUnited States
Are we assigning scenarios for each round? Or is this a Pick'em?

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Whatever you and your opponent feel comfortable with is fine. Since players in this league might not be comfortable with guns or tanks yet, if in doubt I would go with a scenario out of Starter Kit 1, but it's totally up to you and your opponent.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Somehow I let Kai snooker me into playing S26 Last Ally, Last Victory for our round one game. No small dicey scenario for us! :-O

Normally I would be THRILLED to take the side that wins 63% of the time. However, the darn balance is an 11.2% reduction in the number of VC buildings the Germans need to take! But its OK because I have a sneaky plan with my two 76L tanks that start on board. ;) I take consolation in the fact that Kai hasn't played much since the start of the year too. Hopefully the rust translates into him parking his pair of King Tigers with their butts facing my 57LL AT gun, which has 20 rounds of APCR ready to go!! LOL But the fact that he has played half way through this with Patrick Ireland (AND stated he "didn't think it was that unbalanced") probably means big trouble for my Russkies!!

This is the biggest and most complex ASLSK scenario I have ever played, so it is going to be a blast regardless of the outcome!! Good luck to Kai, and may he roll high when it matters!! :p