ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My SINCERE apologies to Kai for the EXTREME manner in which the dice went against him in our S26, Last Ally, Last Victory league match last night. I have never seen such a lopsided set of rolls, and that despite the fact that I got TWO turret hits (keeping ROF for a third shot but had no target) on a PZ IV J (6TK) with 76L APCR (8 final TK) and bounced both times. More details later.

It was a pleasure playing with and chatting with you Kai, and I hope you can stay in the ASLSK fold now that you are settled in your new home! Oh, and I really would love to replay that scenario with you some time!!

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My SINCERE apologies to Kai for the EXTREME manner in which the dice went against him in our S26, Last Ally, Last Victory league match last night. I have never seen such a lopsided set of rolls, and that despite the fact that I got TWO turret hits (keeping ROF for a third shot but had no target) on a PZ IV J (6TK) with 76L APCR (8 final TK) and bounced both times. More details later.

It was a pleasure playing with and chatting with you Kai, and I hope you can stay in the ASLSK fold now that you are settled in your new home! Oh, and I really would love to replay that scenario with you some time!!
That was a quick result. As soon as one of the other matches end or we get some new members, I will link you up with your next opponents. Thanks for the report.

Kaiax33

Reaction score
First name
Kai
Country
llUnited States
Great game with TheSQLGuru. S26 is a great one and we had a great time. Never seen so many ROFs and DR rolls lower than 5 in my life! (I hope Kevin is headed to Vegas soon....he'll be a very rich man!)

My two Tiger IIs passed by the well HIPed 57LL AT gun who proceeded to maintain ROF something like 5 times and eventually just hammered them before I could even fire a shot. I love my Tiger II and was simply stunned. After that, not much I could to combat his 122 that was well positioned to cover my 2nd turn entry. Had to make a mad rush with Panzerschreck, PFs, and Panther. Everyone broke or KIA. Not much to do after that.

Score: 10....would/will play it again! TheSQLGuru is a tough, but excellent opponent and teacher.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just checking in on the other matches since nobody else has posted. Was everyone able to make contact with their opponents? If you are having trouble, please let me know and I will do what I can to help out.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bean (aka Amanda aka TheSQLGuru's daughter) and Chuck (Cepierce) played their game recently - S29, No Monumental Acclaim. Despite it being fairly unbalanced on ROAR, Amanda's German defenders had a good setup and totally ROCKED the dice, with something like 3 snake eyes and 5 threes on IFT shots. She also caught a stack move with a sneaky LOS and got a 2 KIA with one of those snakes! Chuck conceeded on turn 4.

Bean want's to thank Chuck for a really wonderful and fun time playing and says he is a great opponent. She hopes they get the chance to play again soon!

BTW, Mr Fardette, could you please update the initial post on this thread with all pairings and results? That would give us all a single known place to go to to find out the state of things. Thanks!

conscriptvlad

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Just a quick update... Littledoot and I just started with our game (Scenario S1) only last Wednesday since she was previously away for 2 weeks. We are currently at the start of US Turn 2. Probably take 2 more VASL sessions at the pace we're going. Hopefully we will finish by 2nd week of August.

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be interested in joining, if it is still open to join. Sounds fun!

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'd be interested in joining, if it is still open to join. Sounds fun!
Always room for one more. I haven't heard back yet from Chris NL, but I'd like to pair up the two of you. Chris, are you ready for a match?

Last edited:

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As requested, I will update the first post of this thread with matches and results periodically. I'm not on GameSquad daily so it won't be in real time but I will try to keep it somewhat up-to-date.

conscriptvlad

Reaction score
Country
llPhilippines
Littledoot and I (conscriptvlad) played S1 Retaking Vierville. I took the Germans while Littledoot took the US side. Result was my win as the Germans at Turn 5 with too many broken US squads and not enough time to mount a serious attack at the victory buildings.

Ready to be matched up for the next game.

Chris NL

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
Hello i am ready to go, i played almost all SK scenarios, i am not anymore a noob

tim-pelican

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
ll
Von Garvin, you have a match. Tim Franklin (Timpelican on GameSquad) is ready to go.
David (Von Garvin) and I completed S3 Simple Equation yesterday, in the second of two sessions. I took the Americans, while David built a solid, in-depth defence with the Germans. My flamethrower posed a strong threat with plenty of fuel, but a couple of early wounds to leaders slowed me up, and I took a turn longer than I needed to getting into a position to make a dash across the open ground on the south side of the board.

A very enjoyable and tense game, down to the wire, but eventually with only 21 building hexes held, David prevailed. Thanks for a good game.

A couple of busy weekends coming up for me, so probably the towards the end of August before I'm free again, but no reason I can't start talking and planning a schedule with my next opponent as soon as someone is ready.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've got 2 more busy days at work, then can get things updated and second round matches for those ready to go. If you haven't wrapped up your first round game yet, please try to do so by the end of the August.

ChrisNL and PJH, I hope you have enough time to play, please let me know if this will be a problem.

pjh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ready whenever! Do we pick a scenario or have one assigned to us?

seawolf72

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Steve
Country
llUnited States
I am interested in joining if its not too late - I am experienced with VASL and ASLSK. Thanks!

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Pleased to see Cassie (littledoot) complete her first game and she enjoyed it although she needs to romance the VASL dicebot a little!
Why is it tgat beginning players so often get terrible rolls?

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ready whenever! Do we pick a scenario or have one assigned to us?
We're pretty simple here, send a note to your opponent, pick a battle and have at it. I would appreciate a post once you have selected your scenario, letting me know which scenario and who has each side.