ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Indeed, for another 3 days. Sadly work beckons for me, and my family is having a tough time with jet lag. Going east to start a trip is much more difficult than going west. It didn't help that the speaker's dinner for my conference ran until after midnight last night. It was a wonderful event for the three of us though.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Cassinator says she might be interested as well. Out if I can persuade the others though.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Cassinator says she might be interested as well. Out if I can persuade the others though.
That post made very little sense to me Vinnie. Can you please translate for someone who has no idea who the Cassinator is or what "Out if I can persuade the others though" means? :oops:

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
That post made very little sense to me Vinnie. Can you please translate for someone who has no idea who the Cassinator is or what "Out if I can persuade the others though" means? :oops:
I believe that is his daughter, Cassie. The "-inator" suffix is a Pictish diminutive meaning (roughly translated), "the cost of whose wedding will bring tears to a Scotsman's eyes." "Out if I can persuade the others though" => "Doubt if I can persuade the others though."

JR

Last edited:

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Cassinator is cassie's name now her robot won "best looking robit" in the interschool competition. "Out" was supposed to be "Doubt" . Teaches me not to post while walking up the stairs to bed.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
2 spots left. If the Cassinator or anyone else is on the fence, speak now or forever hold your dice. OK, not really. I will take everyone who wants to play and match you up, but I will start assigning matches once I get to eight. Everyone is guaranteed 3 matches, more if you qualify for the knockout round(s).

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
I would prefer they join GameSquad and sign up here, but will also accept email to my jfardette(at)hotmail.com account.
Might want to remember that a lot of the SK crowd would be scared away be the hardasses here about.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Might want to remember that a lot of the SK crowd would be scared away be the hardasses here about.
Not so much with the ASLSK crowd (& believe it or not most of those "harda$$es" are actually really good guys, just holding to their guns on rule takes here-kind of like a tough task master with a heart of gold).

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's a preference that they join GS, not a requirement. It would make administration a bit easier, and judging by the number of visitors to this thread there is some curiosity in the GS community as well.

CDR_G

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
I am interested in joining the ASL SK VASL League. However I will be traveling the first two weeks of July. That doesn't mean I won't have any time to play online, but it will be subject to extended family plans and demands. I have played some Cyberboard based games on VASSAL and some years go got onto VASL for one or two games but essentially I am starting over. I have not touched an ASL game for over two years and had sporadic experience over decades. I do know I really like the game and its mechanics, once you conquer enough of them. I recall struggling with AFVs and the several different variables particularly the in-motion aspects. So if anyone is interested in helping me set up VASL on a MAC, and trying out a ASL SK1 game let me know.
Best email for me is CDR_G@icloud.com.
I am in Fredericksburg, VA.

Last edited:

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any MAC VASL players able to show CDR G the ropes? I only use my PC, so don't know in what ways it is different. Anyways, a two week absence isn't a deal breaker, I'll add you to the roster.

1 spot left and then we start!

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We are still waiting for someone to step up and fill the 8th spot, so if anyone is on the fence about joining up, now's the time!

CDR_G

Recruit
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
I am traveling through the 27th but brought the expansion pack with me. The that has through SK3. I will set up the scenario with the Americans defending three ston buildings, with bazookas, 1 AT gun and two hidden squads. I have my laptop and will try to set up VASL. Then once I have gone through the scenario to refresh the rules, I will look up someone on VASL to try the scenario.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
All, I was hoping to start today, but we seem stuck at 7 players...

Thanks for your patience and I will start the fun as soon as number 8 signs up.

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I appreciate your enthusiasm, even if you haven't signed up yet. Perhaps you would like to join the league? That would make an even 8 players, which is the minimum player count I am looking for.

I do have confidence that we will reach our number, so if any of those who are already signed up are ready to go, send me a private message and I will connect you to an opponent. I don't want to have any byes, as that is neither fun nor an opportunity to learn, which is the purpose of this league.

My plan is to have the first round of matches finished before the end of August, second round by Halloween and last round by year end, with the playoff in the new year.

Rooster2k

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Country
llUnited States
you might want to post a list in case someone thinks they are signed up but they aren't