ASLSK, using BAZ/PSK

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
A small silly question about Bazookas and Panzerschrecks in ASLSK. If a Squad is firing at a building hex which has two enemy suqds in it. If I score a hit on the target hex do all units take damage or just one random unit...

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
A small silly question about Bazookas and Panzerschrecks in ASLSK. If a Squad is firing at a building hex which has two enemy suqds in it. If I score a hit on the target hex do all units take damage or just one random unit...
Well, I don't have or know about ASLSK, but in ASL, PF (panzerfausts) are called out as the only SCW (Shaped Charge Weapon....HEAT) that only affect one target infantry unit in a location....hence, PSK and Baz affect all units that they hit....and note that SCW cannot shoot Area Target Type so they have to hit the units, and not just the location.

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
Well, I don't have or know about ASLSK, but in ASL, PF (panzerfausts) are called out as the only SCW (Shaped Charge Weapon....HEAT) that only affect one target infantry unit in a location....hence, PSK and Baz affect all units that they hit....and note that SCW cannot shoot Area Target Type so they have to hit the units, and not just the location.
Ok so, lets see if I can understand it:

Squad Firing BAZ/PSK/PIAT at build with 2 enemy squads and score a it = 2 squads affected.

Panzerfaust firing at a building with 2 enemy squads and scores a hit = 1 unit affected (using random selection?)

is that correct ?

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Ok so, lets see if I can understand it:

Squad Firing BAZ/PSK/PIAT at build with 2 enemy squads and score a it = 2 squads affected.

Panzerfaust firing at a building with 2 enemy squads and scores a hit = 1 unit affected (using random selection?)

is that correct ?
Yup. Essentially, that is how ASL rules read (DISCLAIMER! I don't know ASLSK rules!!! I am relating what ASL rules call out). Unless I'm missing a Q&A somewhere and I looked.

Remember you need to hit on the Infantry Target Type. You also need to hit all the targets on the ITT.

I'm not familiar with ASLSK, but in ASL it is possible for two units in the same location to have different DRMs for being hit by an ITT shot (one may be concealed is the one that comes to mind).

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yup. Essentially, that is how ASL rules read (DISCLAIMER! I don't know ASLSK rules!!! I am relating what ASL rules call out). Unless I'm missing a Q&A somewhere and I looked.

Remember you need to hit on the Infantry Target Type. You also need to hit all the targets on the ITT.

I'm not familiar with ASLSK, but in ASL it is possible for two units in the same location to have different DRMs for being hit by an ITT shot (one may be concealed is the one that comes to mind).
Not quite right.
BAZ/PSK/PF/PIAT (and MOL-Projectors) do not use Infantry Target Type. Each of these LATW have their own To Hit Table.

Some of the TH DRM apply to their TH DRs, others (eg Case E Fire within own hex or Case L Point Blank Range) do not.

Again this is for full ASL, I am not familiar with the ASLSK

Cheers
Jon

Raider

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi, have a look at 3.2.4 (ASLSK #2) To Hit Process
Some units may not be hit...not moving during DFF...
Infantry Target Type: All enemy targets in the target hex can be affected by a hit.
Best Robert

Last edited:

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Not quite right.
BAZ/PSK/PF/PIAT (and MOL-Projectors) do not use Infantry Target Type. Each of these LATW have their own To Hit Table.

Some of the TH DRM apply to their TH DRs, others (eg Case E Fire within own hex or Case L Point Blank Range) do not.

Again this is for full ASL, I am not familiar with the ASLSK

Cheers
Jon
Of course, you're correct. My reply was a bit of a simplification. You still need to hit on the ITT table, albeit with a unique set of possible DRMs.

Jon

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Just being pendantic here :)

You need to score a hit on the relevant LATW TH table, not on the ITT table. You aplly those DRMs appropriate for LATW SW

Cheers
Jon

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
Ok one more question on the subject:

I have 7-4-7 with BAZ43 firing at a building hex which has 2 German squads in it (distance is 2 hexes). I now rolled DR = 2 which means critical hit. Does that mean that the result of the shot for the 1st German squad are resolved on 16FP column and the result of the shot for the 2nd German squad are resolved on 8FP column ? The reason I'm asking is this (this is what is says in ASLSK rulebook, Page 16 - 6.1 Critical Hits):

"Regardless of the number of targets in a location hit by Critical Hit, the special provisions of Critical Hit apply only to one randomly determined unit"

Paullus

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Does that mean that the result of the shot for the 1st German squad are resolved on 16FP column and the result of the shot for the 2nd German squad are resolved on 8FP column ?
Yes it does. You've got the exampel at the bottom right on page 16 (ASLSK#2)

JG53_Jaguar

Reaction score
Country
llSlovakia
I'm also assuming that if I'm firing say bazooka into a building containing 2 German units and 2 American units engaged in melee then 1 random German Unit takes Critical Hit the other german unit normal hit and 1 American Unit takes Critical Hit and the other American unit takesn normal hit; right ?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I'm also assuming that if I'm firing say bazooka into a building containing 2 German units and 2 American units engaged in melee then 1 random German Unit takes Critical Hit the other german unit normal hit and 1 American Unit takes Critical Hit and the other American unit takesn normal hit; right ?
No. There are four targets. Select one randomly : shaped charge rockets don't take uniform colors into account.
Don't forget to apply reversed TEM to the CH victim (stone building, -3 DRM!), BTW...

brian s

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
shaped charge rockets don't take uniform colors into account.
I've been away from ASL for quite a while, but didn't there used to be some sort of list of funny ASL-related quotes that was kept each year? Sorry to be off topic, but I didn't think this question deserved a new thread.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I've been away from ASL for quite a while, but didn't there used to be some sort of list of funny ASL-related quotes that was kept each year? Sorry to be off topic, but I didn't think this question deserved a new thread.
There were the "Spuddies" contest. This was on CSW or the ASML (the latter, I think).

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
So, again, I'm talking ASL and not SK, but I think that if you quoted the SL rules excactly there may be difference between ASL and ASLSK?

A CH in ASL can apply to more than one unit in the target location if the results of random selection select more than one unit.

Your quotation of the SK rules says "Regardless of the number of targets in a location hit by Critical Hit, the special provisions of Critical Hit apply only to one randomly determined unit"

ASL:

C.74 RESOLUTION vs MULTIPLE TARGETS: Regardless of the number of targets in a Location struck by a CH, the special provisions of a CH apply only to the target(s) determined by Random Selection. Attacks on other units hit in that Location are resolved as if struck by a normal hit ....

and

A.9 RANDOM SELECTION: Whenever an event occurs calling for the Random Selection of one or more units in a hex, a dr is made for each such unit therein. The unit with the highest dr is the one affected by that event. If there is a tie for the highest dr, all of the applicable units which rolled that number are affected equally....

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
No. There are four targets. Select one randomly : shaped charge rockets don't take uniform colors into account.
Don't forget to apply reversed TEM to the CH victim (stone building, -3 DRM!), BTW...
Edit: Opps....didn't see the "in melee" in the original description...of course you are correct Robin....There are 4 potential targets for the hit. I just get sooooo excited with rules questions....

Do you have a rules quote for this Robin? I looked and couldn't see why SCW are assumed to be shot Area Target Type...which is implied in your statement above?

Indeed, LATW are not allowed to fire Area Fire (C31.1), and hence must specify what location in a multi-location target hex they are targetting?

Last edited:

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Do you have a rules quote for this Robin? I looked and couldn't see why SCW are assumed to be shot Area Target Type...which is implied in your statement above?
I was only speaking of the effects of a CH.
Only one target is affected (in SK you randomly select one, only one unit).
I don't understand your ATT thing.
A SCW uses its own TH table (which is neither ITT, nor ATT, nor VTT).