ASLSK Scenario Listing

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here is a spreadsheet I put together. It includes all known (to me) ASLSK scenarios with LOTS of details such as number of squads/vehicles per side, special weapons, interesting SSRs, ROAR wins/losses with win percentage, some color coding, source of scenario, etc, etc. I hope others will find this as useful as I have!

Attachments

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Welcome!

Someone pointed out that I didn't have Decision at Elst included. So I dug that off of ROAR and added it.

Sadly I don't have the scenario cards, so I cannot put in any details other than win/loss/ratios. Bummer that the entire pack is unbalanced. Such a shame.

Attachments

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed, and I should have pointed that out. But I would be willing to bet that most scenarios follow the early trends, at least after say 10 or so playings. I look forward to adding my playings to the record should I ever get the chance to go after them. It will be a bit before I am ready to bite off on the full campaign game though. :-D

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed, and I should have pointed that out. But I would be willing to bet that most scenarios follow the early trends, at least after say 10 or so playings. I look forward to adding my playings to the record should I ever get the chance to go after them. It will be a bit before I am ready to bite off on the full campaign game though. :-D
Experience tells me to take that bet! With less than 30 playings recorded you can not get a warm & fuzzy indication of how a scenario may turn out balance wise, there are simply too many variables at work there. At first flush a scenario may seem quite unbalanced but after several plays, perhaps even by the same players, the correct path to victory may become clearer thus evening out the record.:rolleyes:

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I could definitely see one situation where that happens in "modern times", which is that AARs get posted online on either forums or people's personal blogs and they are searchable. This leads to "tribal knowledge" about what works and what doesn't that used to be incredibly difficult to come across (old BBS/email lists or magazine articles) being readily available.

Hmm, given that I am a database consultant, I wonder if I can get any historical information dumps from ROAR to do some analytics. I'm going to go look for that right now. Sounds like a fun an interesting project!

afgur

Reaction score
First name
Alan
Country
llUnited States
Good work.

What is the source of S-32 through S-36 ? I can' find them and thought i had them all.

Thanks
Alan

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I suppose I should put those on there even though I wonder how many ASLSK-only players will buy those mags for just a few scenarios each.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I suppose I should put those on there even though I wonder how many ASLSK-only players will buy those mags for just a few scenarios each.
Perhaps they bought them for the articles.

Also, is your work only of value to those who play nothing but ASLSK?

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What is the source of S-32 through S-36 ? I can' find them and thought i had them all.
Operations Magazine #53
S32 Göring's Men

Operations Special Issue #2
S33 Few And Far Betwe
S34 Twilight At Baerendorf

Operations Special Issue #3
S35 The Volga Is Reached!
S36 Satisfaction and Confidence​

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Perhaps they bought them for the articles.

Also, is your work only of value to those who play nothing but ASLSK?

JR
Certainly not, but I know many full ASL'ers, and they very often have little concern with ASLSK (unless they are involved in using it to teach). And most of that is just cursory and directed at getting the individual into full ASL as quickly as possible. Sadly more than a few are quite derisive of the Starter Kits, despite how beneficial it has been in increasing the playing ranks.

I would expect VERY few SK-only players to have purchased the full mags for 1-2 SK scenarios only, and if they did get them for the articles they were or were soon to become full ASL (only) players.

Just my $0.02. :)

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am trying to dig up resources for all of the scenarios I am missing that for and adding to the spreadsheet.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I would expect VERY few SK-only players to have purchased the full mags for 1-2 SK scenarios only, and if they did get them for the articles they were or were soon to become full ASL (only) players.
All things being equal, I would expect few full ASLers have much incentive to buy the Operations magazines as they are mostly non-ASL contents. In terms of dollars spent to gaming goodness returned, the ASLSKers are getting way more for their money. :)

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Don't forget to add S60 "Operation Niwi" and S61 "Help Our Troops Out" form Spec. Ops 7. Details have been added to the ASL Scenario Archive.

TheSQLGuru

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States