zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I am looking at this rule in the PTC part of 3.2.1:

Units that fail their PTC have a Pin counter placed on them; during that turn they may not move, the FP is halved, ROF is lost and a pinned leader may not use his leadership DRM.
My MMC+MMG pinned during my opponents PFPh. Would this mean I could shoot DFF but the SW must be marked First Fire? That is, should I interpret "ROF is lost" as if the MG had an effective ROF of 0?

Would you have to remember that a MG fired and kept rate in PFPh, becomes pinned in DFPh and now can't shoot in AFPh? Or would the MG just not be eligible to keep rate when it shot next?

Am I making any sense?

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The answer you pose to your first question is basically correct; treat the weapon as if it had no ROF (because now it doesn't).

A machine that keeps rate in Prep Fire can't fire in the Advancing Fire Phase regardless of whether or not it gets pinned inbetween. If you have prep fired, you cannot fire in the advancing fire phase.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
pitman said:
A machine that keeps rate in Prep Fire can't fire in the Advancing Fire Phase regardless of whether or not it gets pinned inbetween. If you have prep fired, you cannot fire in the advancing fire phase.
Ok, perhaps not the best example. And perhaps there is no way for the following situation to occur:

MG fires and keeps ROF. MG becomes pinned. MG is eligible to fire again.

Can that situation happen and what would be the effect of the pin if it were possible?

tommyl

Reaction score
First name
Tommy
Country
llUnited States
i think the easiest way to play this is if a SW has a pin counter it has ROF = 0 from that point on. No need to worry if it was already fired that phase and kept rate.

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
zgrose said:
pitman said:
Ok, perhaps not the best example. And perhaps there is no way for the
following situation to occur:

Sure it could happen, MG fires and keeps ROF. Shot activates enemy sniper which rolls a 2. Enemy sniper choses the unit possessing the MG and pins it. MG is eligible to fire again however this time it has a ROF of 0. Any shots after this would have to be taken as sustained fire. This is only one example of how that situation could occur.

Can that situation happen and what would be the effect of the pin if it were possible?
As was already stated the pin only affects the MG's shots after it occurs.

Barber

Official Mila 18 Dork
Reaction score
zgrose said:

I can't think of a situation where that would occur using the SK rules. It can happen in full blown ASL when you get snipers involved. And, yes the MG would be eligible to fire again, but that would be its final shot in that phase.

Jeff